Best performance mods for ram 2500 with 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiroboater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for the best performance mods for the dollar for my 2015 ram 2500 mega cab with the 5.7 Hemi.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Intake, exhaust, programmer, custom tune.

Being a 2015 for the programmer and custom tune you'll need an unlocked PCM. You can either trade yours, buy one or send yours in to be unlocked.

I'd talk with Matt at Moe's Performance about your options. He can hook you up with a complete tuning package.

Muffler is up to you. Since you have a MDS equipped motor, I'd do a muffler swap and leave the rear resonator(s) on the truck to reduce drone. Or you can go full catback. What is your current exhaust configuration?

As far as the intake, some would say your stock one flows just fine. I tend to agree except for one aspect of the CAI that really helps and that is improved throttle response.

Put all those mods together as they work best as a system. In my view, I'd do intake and exhaust, then the programming.

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a MBRP Catback with a BullyDog GT tuner on my '11 3/4 ton 5.7.
Definitely a different sound and amazingly got better fuel economy once my foot let up after a week or so of listening to the exhaust. Then I loaded a canned tune up and altho I don't feel it gained any power anywhere, it helped with fuel economy again. I haven't really set up the tuner either. Basically turned it on and loaded the canned tune. One day in the next week or so I'll have some time to play with it. Hopefully squeeze some more out of it.
I didn't do a BFI simply because on another 5.7 I'm around quite often, all it did was raise intake noise and not do a damn thing side by side next to my truck. On any level(power or fuel economy)

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must say tho, I did the mods more for fuel economy while towing and daily driving more than performance. If 1/4 mile times are what you're after then a generic cat back single and simple tuner is not what you're after.
Moe's Performance is where you want to go. My shopping cart got really long and expensive within a few minutes of being on that site.