Best Selling Trim Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolafishr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Does anyone know what the best selling trim level is on the Ram Trucks? This would start with the Tradesman model on up to the Limited Model, I was wondering if anyone knows.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Bighorn for sure. The middle model is usually the best selling of any product from computer software to cars. There's actually a good deal of science behind this that shows that consumers presented 3 or 4 choices, maximum, tend to buy, while those presented 5 or more tend not to buy.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree my guess would be big horn, at least for around here our 3 dealers seem to almost have them exclusively.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
I see a lot of Big Horns around.
That would be my final answer Bob.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Here in Alberta I see a lot of black Expresses. LOL. it would be interesting to see sales broken down by trim and region as well.

hodl

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I was surprised how many low mileage rental trucks are available online. They seem to be Big Horns and SLTs and the no-haggle pricing isn't very competitive.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Bighorn

xFred12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here in Alberta I see a lot of black Expresses. LOL. it would be interesting to see sales broken down by trim and region as well.
x2 Sarasota/B'ton, FL never noticed how many Black Express Trucks where on the road, until I bought one. Aside from that I see a lot of Big Horn trucks around here. Maybe varies by area, who knows :33:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was surprised how many low mileage rental trucks are available online. They seem to be Big Horns and SLTs and the no-haggle pricing isn't very competitive.

I saw an annoying amount for sale while I was last looking for a truck a few months ago, just personally for me that instantly disqualified the truck so it got frustrating seeing so many of them.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw an annoying amount for sale while I was last looking for a truck a few months ago, just personally for me that instantly disqualified the truck so it got frustrating seeing so many of them.
I bought an ‘18 Laramie HEMI CC w/ 6’4” bed last July that was a low mileage used rental from Enterprise. A local high end used car dealership bought it at auction and had it priced at 32,500. It had 11,8xx on the clock when I purchased it and now has just over 26k. No problems and runs great. It doesn’t have quite the bells and whistles of many other Laramies, but more than enough for me. I definitely had some reservations, but took a chance and love it. Got the lifetime warranty before they quit selling it just in case!! Nowadays, with all the electronics, new and used both come with risks.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought an ‘18 Laramie HEMI CC w/ 6’4” bed last July that was a low mileage used rental from Enterprise. A local high end used car dealership bought it at auction and had it priced at 32,500. It had 11,8xx on the clock when I purchased it and now has just over 26k. No problems and runs great. It doesn’t have quite the bells and whistles of many other Laramies, but more than enough for me. I definitely had some reservations, but took a chance and love it. Got the lifetime warranty before they quit selling it just in case!! Nowadays, with all the electronics, new and used both come with risks.

Sounds like a pretty nice deal, glad it worked out for you! And I agree, with all the tech in these things it's a great thing to have a warranty. I only keep mine for 2-3 years but if I were planning on owning long term I would certainly look at investing in a long warranty.