Best sound for a 2014 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Walker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just recently bought a truck, it has an all stock exhaust system. I’m looking for a deep aggressive sound that would wake up the neighbors (I don’t have any lol)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lot of choices out there and everyone has their favorite. I like the Magnaflow and have had them on my last 3 4th Gens. The shorter the muffler the louder it will be. The biggest change in the sound of my exhaust is the addition of the Moe's 5" tips. The tips make the sound a lot deeper and not so raspy.
Jay

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Carven Progressive exhaust system is what your after.
Someone posted its like being at the nascar races.lol

It sounds badass, mean low rumble with no raspy or poping.
Its loud but not straight pipe loud.

Last edited:

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ask 10 guys and get 10 different answers. A nice exhaust is purely subjective.

For what it’s worth I like the chambered exhaust sound albeit the worse flowing design. I’ve had a Magnaflow 14”, 18” and 22”, FM 50HD and Flowmaster 40 Delta Flow, all of which were on 4th gens. The Borla Pro XS sounds great on YouTube but I have not heard it in person and I’m leaning to towards that or a 22” Magnaflow with rear resonator deletes and 5” tips on my new Laramie.

Best advice is to start listening to clips on YouTube.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if we can help. We offer discounts to all the members here. We have a TON of options with deep discounts. it all depends what sound and volume you are after. also what your budget is. Carven progressive or competition(louder) with the 5" tips is a very popular option here. Corsa, magnaflow and MBRP are other common ones.

PM< me if you would like a quote

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^This. I just ordered a carven competitor series from Nick a day or two ago to replace my rusting flowmaster. He will hook you up with what you need and I can promise you won't find a better deal anywhere on the internet with your forum discount "believe me" I looked every where.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just recently bought a truck, it has an all stock exhaust system. I’m looking for a deep aggressive sound that would wake up the neighbors (I don’t have any lol)

I am running the flowmaster outlaw direct fit right now "yes it is aggressive" and "yes it would rattle your neighbors windows" if you had any. The down side to this is before I tuned and had my MDS shut off it had some crazy "rattle your teeth" drone when the MDS would kick on at highway speeds. The other downside is I have had it on for less than a year and it is already rusting away.

The Carven Competitor series "the most aggressive Carven offers" I just ordered to replace it looks to be built much better and from the videos I have watched, it seems to have a deeper less raspy tone compared to the outlaw flowmaster, but I am also running long tube headers so I really don't know what to expect until I put it on this weekend.

Either one of these will probably fit what you are looking for but if it were me I would go with the Carven do the better build quality.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gibson mwa, black widowwidowmaker, 10 series flowmeter, dynomax bullet, 12 inch glasspack, muffler delete, any of these will get you in the wake the neighbors category

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't do the muffler delete. I did and it sounds awesome, but my mpg took a beating.

MKM7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can sound like everyone else’s truck...or you can do what I did and have a true dual exhaust custom built. I started with some JBA long tube headers. I used an x pipe too. Then I kept the stock cats. Why? I have emission testing (Austin TX) AND just as importantly, after market cats usually can smell like gas often from inside the cab. No way did I want to deal with that. Finally, I used Magnaflw mufflers. Truck is loud but not super loud. Sounds really good. You can use a different muffler or could maybe use no muffler if you keep the cats like I did.

Amabate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I put the Magnaflow system on my 2013 Hemi and it sounded awesome, just the right level of low growl and loud. I just bought a 2017 Sublime Sport and it's getting the same system.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
14" Magnaflow, 2.5" in/3" out Magnaflow y pipe in place of factory crushed y pipe, deleted resonators & 5" Moes exhaust tips. It was a great sound. Since then now I have the AFE catless y pipe & 18" Magnaflow

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Carven all the way. Custom true duals are a waste unless you’re doing a full out performance build. Trust me I know on my previous truck I did the full custom true dual, sounded good but didn’t sound much different than a agreesive bolt on kit and it cost more.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Address your surroundings and who else rides in your truck. If there is an MRS. or future MRS., you probably wont be happy with a ridiculously loud system (or rather she will make your life hell about it).

Do you really want to ride in her Hyundai beater for your road trips for the rest of your life?

Almost anything is an improvement over the stock muffler however.

I did the whole cam and header thing in high school and just don't want to spend that green ($) or have everyone hear be coming 1/2 a mile away anymore. So I'm lobbying against going stupid loud.

Even 5" tips improve stock sound, but the fact of the matter is the stock muffler is a monstrously large chambered beast that does nothing for driving enjoyment.

IMHO you don't need to spend a fortune on a Cat-back system. Change the muffler to something free-flowing like a Magnaflow or one of its competitors. Mufflex makes a DIY bolt on kit with stainless piping around a in 14, 18 and 24" Magnaflow. They also sell a muffler delete, but unless you live in the sticks, I think you'll make enemies in your neighborhood.

I have the 24" and its plenty loud for me, and the MRS. actually complemented how good it makes the truck sound. At 24" I have no highway drone, only a pleasant growl at idle and nice sound under load. Calms down nicely between 1800 and 2400 rpms.

But, its your truck and your decision--so make a good one.