best train horn kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking to put a train horn on my ram, anyone have one they are happy about. Seems like theres a lot of choices between ebay kits and a few companies. Looking for inputs from people that own one themselves

Cheers

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Please don't..........

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your going to do it, Hornblasters hands down I've had 2 of their kits, never had an issue. I currently have the Outlaw 228 kit in black.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I also have the Hornblasters 228 kit. Love to scare the crap out of the rice burners with their fart pipes.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats the ruling on train horns? Legal to own, but illegal to use on road (in most states anyway)? Has been on my wish list for a while, several times my stock horn just could not properly convey the degree of the message I was trying to communicate. :devilfinger::flipthebird::yourself:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the mini horns from WOLO, not the greatest but they are loud. I have two trumpets with a small air tank that i guess makes the sound echo. I then have a small compressor and tank. I wish I had the full blow trumpets but I got them as a gift.

My advice, don't use them to be funny and scare people. you'll get caught eventually. We all used to do stuff like that in our younger days. However, in an emergency blow them till the tank runs out.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
I have a Nathan Airchime K5LA on my bridge of my airride in the dually....Came off a CSX train that I guess they were scraping. I have it plumbed in to the air ride and have an OASIS air compressor....its quite large and fast, and ASCO valves running it all. And I agree, dont blow it just to scare folks. I blow mine on the road only if I have too, or if im at a show and someone wants to hear how loud they are.
picture.php

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Storytime: I was in Virginia Beach about to cross the railroad tracks when I heard a train horn right on top of me. I came close to **** myself, not counting the chaos that erupted in the traffic around me. It was a jacked up ford pickup that had the horn, the driver was having great fun out of scaring the hell outta of everyone. SOB... I have a 139db boat horn that gets the job done, but the train horn IMO is over the top....

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
My main reason for installing a train horn kit is to get the attention of the bad drivers in New Orleans. God some of them must have learned to drive from Bozo the Clown in his little clown car.

william cooney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I have Nathan M5 on my truck, but even they seems useless in-front of clumsy drivers comes in my way. need something bigger than this...