Big Boi's Audio Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't speak for all tweeters, but when I finally got my tweeters on axis from the sail panels, I absolutely loved the improvement in detail, and they tend to sparkle a bit more too. Now that I have experienced them on-axis, I'll have a hard time going back to off-axis in future vehicles. I had to back the levels down a bit since they stare right at you. When I flush mounted the tweeters originally, our sail panels have a slight slope facing down so my tweeters were facing down just enough to drive me bonkers and I could here it when tuning. That's what made me go on-axis.
Nice work!!!

Damn it! I just realized I have to get my tweeters on axis, lol!

Big Boi, you are doing some cool stuff!!! I'm watching your build for some more cool ideas... ;)

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks David. I want to put my tweets on axis as well. But from what I hear on DIYMA, they sound great off axis. Once I get everything wired up and ran, I'll do some testing to see what I like best. Actually in a mad dash now to finish before next Friday. Temp amp rack will go in soon.

natedog74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sub'd

Just got a 3rd gen and I need to get some subs bad. Gonna watch your build for ideas.

Souths1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Big Horn Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I missing something on some of the posts. The couple where Big Boi just says "Update" are there pictures I'm missing? Because all I see is the word update.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Am I missing something on some of the posts. The couple where Big Boi just says "Update" are there pictures I'm missing? Because all I see is the word update.
He is adding to the first few posts to keep the entire build in the front of the thread. I wish I had done the same thing on mine...

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Hurry up! I need to start planning my build!! All I have is my head unit picked out. I was going to do Polk for speakers but those Pioneers have me thinking.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hurry up! I need to start planning my build!! All I have is my head unit picked out. I was going to do Polk for speakers but those Pioneers have me thinking.

I feel like we need a "help me design and pick out my new $hit thread".

There's a lot of good info getting thrown around in random threads that a lot of people could find useful but may miss if they aren't keeping up with all these different threads.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Haha, I think I have read most of threads about audio. I don't know crap about speaker selection or sub selection. I really want to make a custom center console sub box with useable storage option. Just have a single 12 shallow mount. I don't know much boxes but I could make it out of wood and coat it with some kind of sealant. JJ made an awesome box that I would like to copy.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Haha, I think I have read most of threads about audio. I don't know crap about speaker selection or sub selection. I really want to make a custom center console sub box with useable storage option. Just have a single 12 shallow mount. I don't know much boxes but I could make it out of wood and coat it with some kind of sealant. JJ made an awesome box that I would like to copy.

Right, and your not the only one. I just think it would be cool to have like a go to thread for people "noobs" to get assistance and for other to share their thoughts on what they're currently using and to generally share information to help others make their decisions. All while not cluttering up everyone's build logs and stuff.

I'm on my phone. When I get to my desktop a little later I'll try and conjure up something.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right, and your not the only one. I just think it would be cool to have like a go to thread for people "noobs" to get assistance and for other to share their thoughts on what they're currently using and to generally share information to help others make their decisions. All while not cluttering up everyone's build logs and stuff.

I'm on my phone. When I get to my desktop a little later I'll try and conjure up something.

I've got you covered Brad got a little free time at work today. I'll give it a shot and we can all add where it is needed.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sweet. I was thinking to add a few Pics of gear were running and a small review of it. Mostly to get some different name brands out there than just the couple big box store brands most people are used to.

Ok big boi, we'll leave ur thread alone now. Carry on...

OP
OP
Big Boi

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Top of the first page

He is adding to the first few posts to keep the entire build in the front of the thread. I wish I had done the same thing on mine...
Exactly, makes the easier to read IMO.

Oh, this will be a slow one. I'm not rushing this one, taking my time and doing it right.

I feel like we need a "help me design and pick out my new $hit thread".

There's a lot of good info getting thrown around in random threads that a lot of people could find useful but may miss if they aren't keeping up with all these different threads.
Hell yeah!

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice equipment and nice work. the Taurus X amp that you have wasn't made by zed though.

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am almost certain that that post is wrong. mantz built the Gen X as the final hifonics run. They went to another buildhouse after that. You could always pop the cover off. I would love to be wrong.