Bilsteins and 1.5" zone body lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with leveling via Bilsteins and then putting a 1.5" body lift over it? I've been thinking I might do this since it requires little fab work and is very affordable compared to suspension lifts. My only hesitation is that I'd need to chop the bumper mounts off of the frame to allow for bumper relocation, and that kinda skeeves me out.

Anyone have any experience/opinions/thoughts, etc? Any info is very helpful. I've seen it done on 4th Gen trucks, bit haven't find anything for 3rd Gen.

I was also considering making custom bumpers myself and having them sit higher to avoid the need for bumper relocation.

Thanks!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know quite a few guys on here have the 3" body lifts. I've thought about doing what you're saying here, and I think it wouldn't be too bad. 1.5" isn't that bad, so you could use the stock bumpers until you had time to fab up a custom one to fill the gap. And for the price, you can't beat a 1.5" body lift.

Off topic a little, I like the look of a slight factory rake, so I was thinking about getting 1" blocks for the rear with some longer shocks in conjunction with the front level, plus a body lift. The combo would allow for the perfect ratio (in my mind) of wheel well to tire when running a 35.

OP
OP
Moparftw

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know quite a few guys on here have the 3" body lifts. I've thought about doing what you're saying here, and I think it wouldn't be too bad. 1.5" isn't that bad, so you could use the stock bumpers until you had time to fab up a custom one to fill the gap. And for the price, you can't beat a 1.5" body lift.

Off topic a little, I like the look of a slight factory rake, so I was thinking about getting 1" blocks for the rear with some longer shocks in conjunction with the front level, plus a body lift. The combo would allow for the perfect ratio (in my mind) of wheel well to tire when running a 35.
That's literally exactly what I was thinking, keeping some rake with a 1"block, and also about just leaving the gap for now

OP
OP
Moparftw

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've looked into it, I'm going to do just that, except I'm going to do add a leaf in the rear since I really don't like blocks. I'll update with pics/build thread when I get there.