Bilsteins and 275/65/20 BFG KO2 Installed Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanab Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Nice choice in tires. Curious how many miles you got out of the Goodyears?

NavyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only had them for about 7k. Very happy with them so far. Winter has been kinda weak in Chicago, but great in what snow we had. Would definitely get another set.

OP
OP
Keepitight

Keepitight

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport Night Edition
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Nice choice in tires. Curious how many miles you got out of the Goodyears?
My good years were still in great shape and I had 30,000 miles on them when I switched

Oops Just realized you were talking about my tires LOL

OP
OP
Keepitight

Keepitight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Today I’m taking my first real road trip with my truck since I upgraded the tires and front shocks. I am very disappointed with my MPG loss. I used to average about 21.5 miles per gallon on this trip and currently I am averaging 15.2 MPG. This sucks!

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
what did you end up with for fender height after the Bil install?

OP
OP
Keepitight

Keepitight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
what did you end up with for fender height after the Bil install?
You know what, I totally forgot to take measurements before I had them installed or a good before and after picture, so I’m not really sure. I’ll have to take a measurement tonight

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
You know what, I totally forgot to take measurements before I had them installed or a good before and after picture, so I’m not really sure. I’ll have to take a measurement tonight

Reason I ask is I did the same thing, but my front is about 1/2" higher than the rear. It's getting aligned as I type this, so we'll see what the final measurements are when that's done. I also need to fill the gas tank.

NavyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did lose some mpg, but not that much. I think the tires are much heavier than stock and probably more wind resistance with added height. I averaged about 18 on a long road trip.

OP
OP
Keepitight

Keepitight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Reason I ask is I did the same thing, but my front is about 1/2" higher than the rear. It's getting aligned as I type this, so we'll see what the final measurements are when that's done. I also need to fill the gas tank.

Mine was 1.5” higher than the rear when they finished and after driving on it for a while it’s basically level, maybe 1/4” higher. Nothing noticable or worth raising the rear for

yortnodnarb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today I’m taking my first real road trip with my truck since I upgraded the tires and front shocks. I am very disappointed with my MPG loss. I used to average about 21.5 miles per gallon on this trip and currently I am averaging 15.2 MPG. This sucks!

Is that coming from the dreamo-meter or calculating manually. If done manually did you adjust your mileage for the larger diameter tires?

Stu4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you adjusted the speed sensor yet? If not that can be why you are seeing such a large difference in mpg, bigger tires cover more ground per revolution, so you are going farther than your truck thinks you are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Mine was 1.5” higher than the rear when they finished and after driving on it for a while it’s basically level, maybe 1/4” higher. Nothing noticable or worth raising the rear for

that's where mine ended up after settling.

MpDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Love the way your truck sits and the tire combination. i have just bought a 2017 and want to copy what you have done! Any more input on the milage? I also want to pull a 28ft camper with mine, I have the 3:92 rear end. your combination takes your diameter to 34.1 inches. I have never owned a dodge, Do you think by changing the tire diameter I am going to notice a decrease in pulling power?

ClarkandAddison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. I'd like to do the same to mine but I'm going to have to wait until the factory Goodyears are finished as I can't bring myself to buy new when these are still doing the job.

Jordan63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now that it’s been a good while, do you still like the setup? What MPG do you average? Looking at this same setup except with 6112’s