Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Archetype3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2021 Ram 3500 DRW H/O Bighorn

So I’ve only been treating the symptoms with my truck at this point. My truck is consistently bleeding power steering fluid.
Covering the driver side lower control arm and any other components underneath where the master cylinder / hydroboost is located at. I’m assuming the leak is coming from there, or hiding where I can’t see it.
Pretty consistently makes a loud whining noise when the PS fluid is low, or it’s cold out. Once it’s warm and topped off, it’ll go away.

Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this and if they have any recommendations for me. I have used the Blue Devil PS Stop Leak for it, but it doesn’t actually help. I’d like to actually fix the problem. Any recommendations or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks y’all

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not quite sure what the question is here, but you need to find the leak and take care of that. Trace all the lines you can find, especially at the ends and fittings, and inspect the rack around the seals for leaks. There’s not a whole lot to cover, it’s not a very complex system at all.

And also as a general rule, magical “stop leak” products are scams that will cause you much more problems down the road.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you are still under warranty (you might be, it's gonna be close depending on your mileage), I'd have the dealer look at it - a 2021 should be within the 36 month window and so it should be covered. I would have taken it in as soon as the leak was noticed if I were still in the warranty period.

However, as mrack says above, it's a pretty simple system. You have to crawl under and over the truck, and use a good light to see everything, but it isn't terribly hard.

My guess is, if it is losing fluid this quickly, you have a fitting that is loose or a cracked hose, NEITHER of which should be happening on a truck this new unless it's been abused or in an accident.

OP
OP
The_Archetype3

The_Archetype3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not quite sure what the question is here, but you need to find the leak and take care of that. Trace all the lines you can find, especially at the ends and fittings, and inspect the rack around the seals for leaks. There’s not a whole lot to cover, it’s not a very complex system at all.

And also as a general rule, magical “stop leak” products are scams that will cause you much more problems down the road.
Honestly, just looking to see if someone had the exact same issue.
Once I’m off these 12 hour shifts, I’ll have some more time to inspect it. It’s been a slow leak, so I have been hesitant to really dig into it in fear I’m going to hack something up. Not much information on the YouTube’s either.

Once I take a deeper look into it, I’ll give y’all an update. Should be a couple days, last week of 12’s.

OP
OP
The_Archetype3

The_Archetype3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you are still under warranty (you might be, it's gonna be close depending on your mileage), I'd have the dealer look at it - a 2021 should be within the 36 month window and so it should be covered. I would have taken it in as soon as the leak was noticed if I were still in the warranty period.

However, as mrack says above, it's a pretty simple system. You have to crawl under and over the truck, and use a good light to see everything, but it isn't terribly hard.

My guess is, if it is losing fluid this quickly, you have a fitting that is loose or a cracked hose, NEITHER of which should be happening on a truck this new unless it's been abused or in an accident.
So I originally used this truck for commercial purposes. It’s WAY out of warranty, by around 90k miles.
It is a slow leak thankfully, but like I mentioned to the other gentleman, I’ll be able to take a deeper dive here in a couple of days and I’ll update.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So I originally used this truck for commercial purposes. It’s WAY out of warranty, by around 90k miles.
It is a slow leak thankfully, but like I mentioned to the other gentleman, I’ll be able to take a deeper dive here in a couple of days and I’ll update.
That makes more sense as to why you aren't having someone else look at it.

That said, the power steering systems on these trucks are pretty solid and don't usually start to leak unless something is broken or dry rotted.