Hydrobooster Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stromberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins

Recently went on a 1400-mile trip towing a 40' 5th wheel. About 40 miles from home lost power steering and brake power. Was able to pull over to side of road and noticed power steering fluid had spilled everywhere in engine compartment and looked burnt/black from what was in the reservoir. Was able to get vehicle towed back home. Ordered new power steering pump and replaced yesterday. Had flushed system, bled, and took for test drive and brakes/power steering are working.

However, having the same sound/issue the day it broke down. Engine will start to go into high idle while accelerator is not pressed and kick off when I press on brakes. There is a clunking noise from behind the dashboard in the same location as the hydro booster (I have a link to a video of the noise Ram 3500 Issue-- my coolant light is on because I still need to replace my reservoir, there is fluid in it). Anyone dealt with this issue before?

Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
S

stromberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Solved part of my problem with the help of a buddy. My truck kept kicking to high idle because my air filter was dirty and my mass air flow sensor is fried. Have a new one ordered and will verify that fixes it. There still is a audible clunk behind dash but not sure exactly the cause of that.