Block Heater effectiveness 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by dryer in parentheses? I’m not sure I follow the logic. YouTube science never lies right? Here are some interesting videos on super cold oil and viscosity.

Warm cyl walls without oil being added.= dryer. Not as severe if you only have heater on 2-3 hours. I know people plug in every time temp is below 5C =41F. Sometimes on all weekend.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Warm cyl walls without oil being added.= dryer. Not as severe if you only have heater on 2-3 hours. I know people plug in every time temp is below 5C =41F. Sometimes on all weekend.
If you are worried about dry start, step on brake and gas pedal, turn vehicle over for 10 seconds, it will crank but not start, to get oil up into the motor. Then start as normal.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You might want to watch this video,then imagine how much oil your cam is getting at -40. The hemi doesn't have an issue with wearing out rings or cylinder walls,but it does have cam issues,and the majority of it's lubrication is from oil flung off the crank,that's also the same oil that lubes the bottom of the cylinders.Have you ever tried to throw or pour oil at -40,so you can see how much longer your cam and cylinders are going to run with-out lubrication.