Blower Motor Resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cafed black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
So my blower doesn't work anymore. Driving at highway speeds will get me some air flow but I believe it's from the air being forced in through the front.

I've heard people say that if your blower motor resistor goes out your fan would still work on high, but mine just doesn't work, on any setting.

Does anyone have a picture or link to how to pull the resistor? I've searched and all I come up with is that it probably is the resistor, not where to find it.

Thanks in advance.
Travis

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
The resistor they are talking about is the switch on your dash that you use to select the speed of the fan. Only way to replace it is to replace the whole switch. Now you can check to see if it is the switch by unplugging the motor and putting the switch through its positions and using a volt meter seeing if any voltage is getting to the connector, or if you feel froggy just connect a 9 volt battery to the motor and see if it spins. If the motor spins the switch is bad. If not then the motor is bad.

SikZ28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 & 2007 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 on both
On my 05, my blower motor would quit blowing on any setting too. I replaced the resistor pack (down by the blower motor) and the ignition switch and it would still do it.

The temp outside was over 100 and it was hardly blowing on any setting (had it on high) so I was pissed off and reached under there and smacked the area that has the blower fairly hard and it started blowing hard and cold.

Not sure what I did but sounds like a lose connection or something.

OP
OP
C

cafed black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
For a while it would work, and intermittent problems are such a ***** to track down, I'm going to pull the blower and see if it's a connection issue. I know my recirculation doors are messed up too so that will let me see about fixing those as well. Thanks for your input, I'll let you all know what I find out.