Blower motor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ikejones28

Reaction score
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hello i have a 2012 ram with the 6.7 i replaced the blower motor and resistor last year it worked for a few months than stopped. After messing with it i realized i could get it going by playin with the resistor plug,motor plug, relays or fuses i could get the fan on. Ended up replacing resistor again which fixed it for 3 days now im back to un plugging and re plugging to get it to work have also tried a new tipm which did not solve the issue

Attachments

• 20240306_104824.jpg
    20240306_104824.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 5

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello i have a 2012 ram with the 6.7 i replaced the blower motor and resistor last year it worked for a few months than stopped. After messing with it i realized i could get it going by playin with the resistor plug,motor plug, relays or fuses i could get the fan on. Ended up replacing resistor again which fixed it for 3 days now im back to un plugging and re plugging to get it to work have also tried a new tipm which did not solve the issue
On the newer trucks 2013+ their is a separate HVAC module too, is there such a module on the 2012? Maybe it's possible (if present) that it is causing the resistor failure?

OP
OP
I

ikejones28

Reaction score
Engine
6.7 cummins
Does anyone know of a way to test the climate control modules

Old Sarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The plugs don't make a solid fit, Cut it off and solder the wires.