BODY LIFT HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok I know this topic gets a little crazy but here is my set-up and questions. Truck 2016 crew cab express,love it. Bills 2.1,1" rear coil spacer little rake love it. Has 295-65-20 coopers on black oem clad rims. I want to get a little more height so for budget reasons I am going 3" body lift. It is a daily driver,no off roading. Just a nice looking truck. Anyway questions are.
1. what brand do you guys recommend?
2. What should I exspect as far as un for seen issues? Exhaust,steering,brake lines these are just a few I have seen spoke about. Are they true? Or is it just install and enjoy. Not to worried about hitch height.Anyway any light shed on this would be great,pics etc.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
from what I know, a good body kit would have all the things needed for the lift, like brake lines, steering column extension, etc if they are needed.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look under your hood, anything attached to the body gets raised up (air intake, fuse box maybe the radiator etc) anything on the frame like engine etc will remain at now 3” lower. They usually include spacers, extensions etc in the kit. I have installed many on Silverados but no other makes.
I used to use performance accessories body lifts.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Done it a few times on Rams from 03-07 and now a 14 . 3" I used PA , 1.5" I have used zone. Either Kit comes with everything you need . I have never had an ounce of trouble with any one of them and have never regretted it . 35's on every ram since the first 1500 in 1999 and all reg cab short beds. I usually just level them with a little rake and just add body lift .

OP
OP
W

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
the pa kit is my choice as well.thanks for the help. any special tools needed or just the basics oh and does my factory plastic bedliner cause a problem as far as does it need to be removed for install or can it be worked around? Also I bought a saet of used zones uca's and a 1.5" rear coil spacer in thinking I would just go from 2.1 to 2.8 and be happy with that,but 3" is a better look. I would like to sell them as to help fund the body kit. So was wondering if they are needed for body lift.thinking not but just figured I would ask. Also have brand new set of mevo uca in the boxes as well. again thanks for any and all help guys

Last edited:

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I know this topic gets a little crazy but here is my set-up and questions. Truck 2016 crew cab express,love it. Bills 2.1,1" rear coil spacer little rake love it. Has 295-65-20 coopers on black oem clad rims. I want to get a little more height so for budget reasons I am going 3" body lift. It is a daily driver,no off roading. Just a nice looking truck. Anyway questions are.
1. what brand do you guys recommend?
2. What should I exspect as far as un for seen issues? Exhaust,steering,brake lines these are just a few I have seen spoke about. Are they true? Or is it just install and enjoy. Not to worried about hitch height.Anyway any light shed on this would be great,pics etc.

Can you post a picture of your truck as it sits now with the 2.1, 1" rear coil and those stock rims with 295 65 20.
That's the look I am going for and was wondering how it would look.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autos221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 3in pa body with 2.8 bils and the truck feels stock, and instead of relocating the exhaust my shop just tilted them up