Body lift problems, please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSchni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
When i was trying to install my 3" PA body lift we were taking out all the necessary bolts fist. The body mounts came out with no effort. When it came to the bolts that held down the bed none would come off. They spun and ones head snapped off. what should i do to get the bolts out so i can put the new ones in.

OP
OP
JSchni

JSchni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
A bolt snapped off and you cant get the rest of it out. the rest is inside this.

picture.php

OP
OP
JSchni

JSchni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
in the picture above how do the set it up in side so the bolt doesnt spin? is it nut tacked down or somthing

dannydiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram regular cab
Engine
5.2 v8 magnum
just drill the whole bolt out and put longer bolts after. i had to do this everywhere on my truck cause i olny payed 20$ for my bl.. you will have the bolt heads in you bed sticking up a little bit in my opinion it looks cooler

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
idk about dodges but it might just be a clip for the nut, the clip is probably broken and spinning freely. I was able to stick a long screw driver up at the clip to wedge it so it couldnt spin and had a buddy unscrew the bolt. lots of PB blaster, LOTs of it and we sprayed it pretty much all day untill we thought it was ready.

then with the one that the head broke, i would think youll be fine cause the bolt head is no longer holding down the bed?