Bora 1.5 spacer install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
But you don’t post pics???

Come on man
But you don’t post pics???

Come on man

I will try. Social media is not my thing. I have found so much help and useful info from this forum along with a ton of awesome people who just want to help that I try to give back where I can. If pics will help I will take some and get them up.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I will try. Social media is not my thing. I have found so much help and useful info from this forum along with a ton of awesome people who just want to help that I try to give back where I can. If pics will help I will take some and get them up.

Please do!!!

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mini hijack. I think i already know the answer, but how do you folks feel about these guys? Listed at forged billet 6061 with hard anno coating and 10.9 grade studs exactly like Boras... for less than half the price from our pals over seas.

I found one video review from a kid with a ram 1500 and he claimed he jumped the truck and whatnot which is beyond what id be doing to them. His review was glowing.

Screenshot_20190321-172816_AliExpress.jpg

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Mini hijack. I think i already know the answer, but how do you folks feel about these guys? Listed at forged billet 6061 with hard anno coating and 10.9 grade studs exactly like Boras... for less than half the price from our pals over seas.

I found one video review from a kid with a ram 1500 and he claimed he jumped the truck and whatnot which is beyond what id be doing to them. His review was glowing.

View attachment 159890
The biggest form of flattery is imitation. They seem to spec out as good as the boras. Hub centric is the most important part of this equation. That and loctite. Only way to know is to try.....than get some 35s....just say in [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The biggest form of flattery is imitation. They seem to spec out as good as the boras. Hub centric is the most important part of this equation. That and loctite. Only way to know is to try.....than get some 35s....just say in [emoji41]

The thing is I've got these stock size duratracs on my stock wheels and theyve only got something like 20,000km on them. Cost me 1700 for the tires alone (i didnt have the luxury of hunting a deal, i blew a tire on the way to a job and it made me a day late as it is).

Would be a shame to sell them at a fraction or let them rot.

I do want 35x12.50s on 17s, but i really oughta get my moneys worth out of the gear i have. Also, the duratracs are by far the best winter tire ive ever run, and they slay the mud and just about everything short of deep wet snow that i throw at them. Right now its between spending 200-500 for spacers and running those or dumping >$2000 on some 17s and MT tires that are going to be horrible for most of how i actually use them. They'll look sickkkkk though.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The thing is I've got these stock size duratracs on my stock wheels and theyve only got something like 20,000km on them. Cost me 1700 for the tires alone (i didnt have the luxury of hunting a deal, i blew a tire on the way to a job and it made me a day late as it is).

Would be a shame to sell them at a fraction or let them rot.

I do want 35x12.50s on 17s, but i really oughta get my moneys worth out of the gear i have. Also, the duratracs are by far the best winter tire ive ever run, and they slay the mud and just about everything short of deep wet snow that i throw at them. Right now its between spending 200-500 for spacers and running those or dumping >$2000 on some 17s and MT tires that are going to be horrible for most of how i actually use them. They'll look sickkkkk though.
Nah run what you got bro, I got my duratracs for 200$ or I would be on my other tires. This truck is budget for sure, aside from suspension. No reason to spend money you don't have to. In honesty those spacers look good and will cost you about what the boras cost me down here. I jumped my truck today, I didn't die, HUBCENTRICS. Now click the add to cart button.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When I called BORA they actually said not to use loctite...

They said to torque them properly...check after 500miles (I think it was 500)....and that’s it. They recommend against using loctite.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
When I called BORA they actually said not to use loctite...

They said to torque them properly...check after 500miles (I think it was 500)....and that’s it. They recommend against using loctite.
I used blue, so I'll be able to get it off with my small breaker bar. I'm paranoid after losing a wheel on a previous vehicle. I can see why they say not to, but for peace of mind I'll deal with a future hassle potentially. Losing a wheel at speed was absolutely horrible

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used blue, so I'll be able to get it off with my small breaker bar. I'm paranoid after losing a wheel on a previous vehicle. I can see why they say not to, but for peace of mind I'll deal with a future hassle potentially. Losing a wheel at speed was absolutely horrible

I hear you. I’ve had my BORA spacers on for quite a while now and periodically check them for proper torque. I haven’t ever had a single one of the lugs loosen on me as of yet (and no loctite per their recommendation) for thousands of miles but no jumping the truck here.

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That china spacer says to retorque after 50-100 miles then every 2-3000 miles after that.
Nah run what you got bro, I got my duratracs for 200$ or I would be on my other tires. This truck is budget for sure, aside from suspension. No reason to spend money you don't have to. In honesty those spacers look good and will cost you about what the boras cost me down here. I jumped my truck today, I didn't die, HUBCENTRICS. Now click the add to cart button.

Say no more. Ching chong spacers enroute. Bora equivalents would have cost me about 500 canadian to the door. These are 200.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I abuse my truck a bit, so a drop just ensures I break other chit first. So long as they aren't coming loose that's the best news yet.

You'll be stoked man, how long till the truck is bsck

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I abuse my truck a bit, so a drop just ensures I break other chit first. So long as they aren't coming loose that's the best news yet.

You'll be stoked man, how long till the truck is bsck

Ive got the truck right now but i live at work for 20+ days at a time. Im at work right now. Linex will be on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd of April, then the bumper will be on. Hopefully i get my lights in time before i go back to work, and the spacers too would be awesome.

Looking like june before i get suspension...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54