Both rear only turn signals not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I developed a weird issue. Both of my rear turn signals do not work. Fronts work absolutely fine. Rear light bar blinks when the selected turn signal is on. Four way hazards work fine also. Trailer turn signals also work. truck in question is a 2017 Ram 1500 QC. No LEDs and I have factory quads up front and factory rear brake lights. Just started happening Friday afternoon.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You definitely have something odd going on. I'm guessing your tailgate bar is wired to the trailer plug? Those are on a separate fuse and circuit from the tail lights. The trailer turn/stop signal gets its signal from the BCM which runs the rear tail lights.
If the hazard flashers and the brake lights work but it's just the rear turn signals that don't, I guessing the problem is with the BCM? Would need the factory wiring diagram to confirm the rear light wiring.

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I developed a weird issue. Both of my rear turn signals do not work. Fronts work absolutely fine. Rear light bar blinks when the selected turn signal is on. Four way hazards work fine also. Trailer turn signals also work. truck in question is a 2017 Ram 1500 QC. No LEDs and I have factory quads up front and factory rear brake lights. Just started happening Friday afternoon.

Do your rear tails still work as brake lights? Highly unlikely but maybe both bright filaments burned out.

OP
OP
RamAz

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You definitely have something odd going on. I'm guessing your tailgate bar is wired to the trailer plug? Those are on a separate fuse and circuit from the tail lights. The trailer turn/stop signal gets its signal from the BCM which runs the rear tail lights.
If the hazard flashers and the brake lights work but it's just the rear turn signals that don't, I guessing the problem is with the BCM? Would need the factory wiring diagram to confirm the rear light wiring.

I believe I’m going to head to the dealer. I’m stumped.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi RamAz,

If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
RamAz

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’ll be a few days, I guess the dealer is backed up.

Hi RamAz,

If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
RamAz

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

04D145EF-7F19-430C-9883-49DBA9A72212.jpeg