BRake suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Time for truck to get new brakes and fluid changed. Last time I did brakes was before lift and I went with advance auto brand. Seemed to do fine with lift but I want to see some options. I do not tow anything, future I might buy a trailer to help with bringing trees to local compost but that’s it, no camper, no boat.

Have a 4.5” lift running 20’s wrapped in 35’s.

Without braking ( ha ) the bank hardcore, because baby on way, what brakes would you guys suggest? Now I’m not asking for cheapest but not asking for the gold plated brakes either lol.

I do not care on dust because I try to wash my truck weekly, so that isn’t a issue with me. I will be doing front and rear.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ebc pads are nice in my opinion. Used them in a few vehicles. Will swap my truck to the green stuff pads when it's time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
check out R1 Concepts

https://www.r1concepts.com/

They have great performing brakes that last too. We sell a good amount of them and some of my coworkers run them too. Even the boss man with his Roush stage 2 Raptor runs R1Concepts brakes and is very happy with them.

let me know if your interested and I can work you up a quote shipped on them with your forum discount

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also are you looking at doing just pads or pads and rotors?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Powerstop.com has some good deals on slotted and regular rotors and pad sets.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick: looking to do pads and rotors, I dusky end up always replacing everything when doing brakes lol.

SYKRAMMAN: might be dumb question, if you were doing powerstop, with my set up would you do the Daily Driver, truck/ 4x4, or stock? Looks like powerstop.com doesn’t sell them I have to go to other site for it.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Time for truck to get new brakes and fluid changed. Last time I did brakes was before lift and I went with advance auto brand. Seemed to do fine with lift but I want to see some options. I do not tow anything, future I might buy a trailer to help with bringing trees to local compost but that’s it, no camper, no boat.

Have a 4.5” lift running 20’s wrapped in 35’s.

Without braking ( ha ) the bank hardcore, because baby on way, what brakes would you guys suggest? Now I’m not asking for cheapest but not asking for the gold plated brakes either lol.

I do not care on dust because I try to wash my truck weekly, so that isn’t a issue with me. I will be doing front and rear.

Recently installed Powerstop drilled & slotted rotors and PS pads as well. I do a bit of towing and they were GREAT. Far better than stock.
Wasn't that pricey either.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
When I do brakes in the coming months {starting to hear slight squeals only on touching them} I'm going with EBC yellowstuffs, their GD sport rotors, steel brake lines, and DOT4 fluid. I'm estimating it to be about $1k in parts. The labor will be by myself and my godmother.

But it'll stop like a mother for having stock sized rotors and calipers. Now... if only I could get a Wilwood or Brembo kit. 15" rotor, 1.5" thick, 8 pistons..... :naughty: :crazy: