Broken spark plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Make sure you remove any pieces that could fall into the engine , they may also prevent you from getting the socket on all the way . A strong shop vac might help if needed . More details and a picture or two may help with more solutions.

OP
OP
B

Bubba1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you for the input, it’s crazy hard to get at these.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What part of it broke? Please share pictures to help us help you. Did the ceramic break off the top or did the hex nut part break off and leave the threads in the hole? Best case scenario is a spark plug easy out if it’s the threads. If the ceramic broke off and you can’t get to the hex to pull the rest out you can fish out the ceramic with a piece of solid wire with a small loop to hook the ceramic and pull it up. Worst case is pulling the cylinder head.

OP
OP
B

Bubba1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think the ceramic broke off, but I will try your idea. Thank you guys very much!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I think the ceramic broke off, but I will try your idea. Thank you guys very much!
If the ceramic broke off as 1 piece,a small magnet might latch onto it enough to pull the ceramic piece out,then use an air compressor and vacumn at the same time to blow and suck out any left over pieces. You should always blow out the plug tubes before removing the plugs.

OP
OP
B

Bubba1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
do u still have the steel tubes in place?
I finally figured it out, had to take brake cylinder and booster off. Then I was able to get the plug out and yes the ceramic was broken in pieces so I taped a 3/8 hose to my shop vac and got out all the pieces then the plug finally came out.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I finally figured it out, had to take brake cylinder and booster off. Then I was able to get the plug out and yes the ceramic was broken in pieces so I taped a 3/8 hose to my shop vac and got out all the pieces then the plug finally came out.
You need to invest in one of these sockets Bubba,they'll make your life a whole lot nicer when you do plugs on anything that uses a 5/8" plug.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L