broken wiring harness connector for projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2023RAM1500ds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi guys
was trying to add HIDs on my warlock, less than 1500 miles on it, and as i removed the wire harness connector, and went to re-insert it after i installed the HID kit, noticed the tab on the wire harness connector was missing.

i ordered this kit https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0869KDCTQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details, question is how do i de-pin the connector? does the pink/ purple piece come off enabling access to the connect pin or do i have to depin it within the purple housing??

i cant find a DYI write up or video for it.

Also why are there two part numbers...68305265AA, 68316031AA for it? Is one number older than the other (i.e. is a suppressed p/n) or is one for the left and right side. Guess will find out when it comes, but help on how to depin the connector would be appreciated. That way i can mark which pin goes into which hole as i disconnect them one by one, rather than breaking off the housing all at once.

Thank you