Build on a 03 3.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Replaced my power steering pump yesterday went ahead and put a new pulley and pressure line on as well since they were factory as well.
Trucks drives and handles like a dream now. Have my sapped power back as well and I can tell.
I am gonna be ordering a Y-pipe this week not sure from where yet. I prefer the sound the truck has without the muffler over with. So I'll get a Y-pipe and have it all welded together and call it a day.
I'm gonna try and enlist the help of some friends on Friday and pull my bed off. I'm gonna finish up painting the bed and topper. I'm going with the silver I already started using but I'll add black flakes to it as well to get it that shine. I'll pull the bed so I can scrub the frame, reinstall the tow hitch, and ensure it gets done due to the truck is currently only means of transport and I can't have it down. While I'm fooling around with the bed off I'll cut out the spare tire holder as I will be putting an air compressor under there eventually. In the mean time I'll clean my axle up real good and call it a day. Hope to have it all finished up next week so I can put the bed back on with my next day off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Been a lil while since I updated this.
The bed was pulled off and it's about ready for paint (we had a family emergency this past weekend and was unable to work on it at all this weekend as I had planned.) However due to the nature of the emergency I was able to go a pick up all my materials I lacked to finish it. The bed itself is just about ready but everything else will have to wait and I'll do those as I have time to do so. I have decided to keep the roll pan so while it's off I'll cut and mount some flush mounted LED pods in it and will also cut it to the contours of my hitch.
On another note I have decided to spray the frame while it's at this point with undercoating to help with sound and rust.
I have ordered a Amp and wiring kit to go with my 12" Kenwood Comp. working on a full kenwood system and will do my rear speakers next.
Got in touch with my wheel manufacturer to find out what coating they used on the wheels to I can properly clean and shine them since I will be pulling them and bead balancing them. When I do that I will clean and shine my tires but also will add silver paint pen onto the lettering to break up the black of the wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk59a2aef47d825b1b428001d67c3a0008.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Been a lil while since I updated this.
The bed was pulled off and it's about ready for paint (we had a family emergency this past weekend and was unable to work on it at all this weekend as I had planned.) However due to the nature of the emergency I was able to go a pick up all my materials I lacked to finish it. The bed itself is just about ready but everything else will have to wait and I'll do those as I have time to do so. I have decided to keep the roll pan so while it's off I'll cut and mount some flush mounted LED pods in it and will also cut it to the contours of my hitch.
On another note I have decided to spray the frame while it's at this point with undercoating to help with sound and rust.
I have ordered a Amp and wiring kit to go with my 12" Kenwood Comp. working on a full kenwood system and will do my rear speakers next.
Got in touch with my wheel manufacturer to find out what coating they used on the wheels to I can properly clean and shine them since I will be pulling them and bead balancing them. When I do that I will clean and shine my tires but also will add silver paint pen onto the lettering to break up the black of the wheels and tires.

Kenwood comp?

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I don't remember the exact line but it was on par with the kicker comp line and not at home to look it up again

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Kenwood comp?

I remembered it was saved to my phone it's the performance series. The one you and I were talking about not to long ago.

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Hey what offset are your rims? Are they 9" wide?

They're 0 offset so it's a little father out than stocks. And yes they're 9's

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you painted your mirrors did you sand them down first? Also how many coats of clear coat did you use? Any chance you could post an up close pic of the surface?

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
When you painted your mirrors did you sand them down first? Also how many coats of clear coat did you use? Any chance you could post an up close pic of the surface?

They look like crap atm and I discovered it was the type of paint I used originally. The original paint was acrylic enamel and the other stuff didn't bind to it.
I will be replacing them with the 4th gen style with puddle lights as I like the light factor a lot more. Right now time and money are not on my side so it's a waiting game now.

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know, I may just get mine done professionally...seems like a lot of work anyway :buffer:

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Good to know, I may just get mine done professionally...seems like a lot of work anyway :buffer:

To many shops around me do shoddy work. The fiancées cars been fixed 3 times by one of the best shops around and it's still bad quality work. ID rather do it myself anyways.

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To many shops around me do shoddy work. The fiancées cars been fixed 3 times by one of the best shops around and it's still bad quality work. ID rather do it myself anyways.

I get that, unfortunately that seems to be a popular trend. Crappy work for unbelievable prices. I am lucky I found a great shop in my home town, the shop manager took care of me and my truck after the wheel bearing broke and ravaged the front end and he has done some great work for my dad's Mustang. It's hard to find a good shop, but it really is more fun to do it on your own though...btw your truck is looking good. Are you planning on re painting the rest of your truck with that black speckled paint? I think it looks really good.

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I get that, unfortunately that seems to be a popular trend. Crappy work for unbelievable prices. I am lucky I found a great shop in my home town, the shop manager took care of me and my truck after the wheel bearing broke and ravaged the front end and he has done some great work for my dad's Mustang. It's hard to find a good shop, but it really is more fun to do it on your own though...btw your truck is looking good. Are you planning on re painting the rest of your truck with that black speckled paint? I think it looks really good.

The whole truck is getting it but it will take time. I'm going to be replacing the hood. I'm going with the Viper super snake hood but do to my after market lighting it has to wait till i do my dual battery set up as all my relays are mounted to the hoods subframe. I have to build a relay panel and fuse panel for all of it. I'm partial to the dual set up since I've accidentally flipped on my light bar and killed my battery once already and don't like the thought of it happening again. Everything aside from the amp for the sub will be to the secondary battery so it doesn't happen. However all of it has to wait as we're going on vacation in 2 months and I'm about to go through a career change I hope. Should hear back this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk08dee20d93be88a03c93f5e0818262a1.jpg

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Been a while since I last posted been slow with both jobs but I quit both for a single job and have had days to get stuff done. d3cb79cb81b6d43284db72fd5d4fe3c2.jpg painted rear bumper black still needs clear might do a single coat more since the sprayer i used left a bit of orange peel and made me mad.
Got the receiver rust treated and sprayed undercoating on it 3e9c9acb1c52ba824a75d86b4b52f883.jpg looks a ton better like that.

I made a trip to harbor freight because they had a sale on pressure washers and they came with soap sprayers. So have the truck a deep bath and coated the tires with shine. 83851299dea662301ece1168c483a517.jpg
Put on a new exhaust set up. Still duals at 2.5in but instead of have a single in dual out muffler I put in a magnaflow y-pipe so it gives it a deep throaty rumble at idle and once at higher Rpms gives a deep rumble with a crackle so I'm gonna stick with this one.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
The whole truck is getting it but it will take time. I'm going to be replacing the hood. I'm going with the Viper super snake hood but do to my after market lighting it has to wait till i do my dual battery set up as all my relays are mounted to the hoods subframe. I have to build a relay panel and fuse panel for all of it. I'm partial to the dual set up since I've accidentally flipped on my light bar and killed my battery once already and don't like the thought of it happening again. Everything aside from the amp for the sub will be to the secondary battery so it doesn't happen. However all of it has to wait as we're going on vacation in 2 months and I'm about to go through a career change I hope. Should hear back this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk08dee20d93be88a03c93f5e0818262a1.jpg
Holy harness!

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
As long as it werks

Haha very well and that's only temporary until I can set up the dual battery and create a panel for the fuses box and a relay panel. It's in need of a lil more cleaning but it's a work in progress.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyobigchief