'Built To Serve' Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Plenty have bought them. But the only one that can be ordered right now is the Coast Guard orange and white. MARINE red and tank are just now arriving in dealerships.

If you want army, air force or navy you will have to be extremely lucky and find a leftover or have to buy it used.

As far as color. Each edition is unique to the service.
Pretty sure they did a great job matching them up.

1000 each of the regular color and special color for each service...except coast guard is only 500 each.

I would link to the discussion of the BTS trucks...but you will have to travel to 5th Gen rams .com yourself. Links are disabled to there from here

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Thought I read somewhere that they were going to stop production on these models soon...

Bummer if so, these are awesome and I love the meaning behind them.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Thought I read somewhere that they were going to stop production on these models soon...

Bummer if so, these are awesome and I love the meaning behind them.
Yes. The coast guard is the last one. 500 of each color.

They are a limited run as I explained.

I jave an inquiry in to see if they will offer these on the HeftyDuty next. So far crickets.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Yes. The coast guard is the last one. 500 of each color.

They are a limited run as I explained.

I jave an inquiry in to see if they will offer these on the HeftyDuty next. So far crickets.

Gotcha.

They should have rolled out the Marine Corps offering first, since they're historically always the first ones in and out of battle...

Ohhhhhhhhh

lol

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
Colors are subjective, and so far they haven't had any trouble selling them. I had a chance to buy one of the two BTS models my local dealership had, but I wanted a Laramie for the few creature comforts they have that the Big Horn doesn't offer.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Used to be you would just buy these colors at a Surplus auction.
Most were extremely low mileage and beat to crap.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I just ordered a white one yesterday. Today I received a VIN for it already. Anybody know approx. how long delivery dates have been lately?

OP
OP
GTyankee

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I was just thinking,
someone could design a wrap just for Ram hoods
It could have the insignia of the branch of service or maybe a unit of that service

this might be too difficult & expensive to do for some people to have done

91cFOnCMrSL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
they seem cool but I want the laramie trim level because it has a few things I like that the lone star/big horn does not.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
they seem cool but I want the laramie trim level because it has a few things I like that the lone star/big horn does not.

Like what? o_O Just curious.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don't see anywhere any portion of sales is going anywhere except the company's bank. I believe that companies that do a military edition to "honor" us and don't give back are pretty damn low.

It's like WY's "Military Honor Plates", a total ripoff. Unless POW, they are $50 over normal costs. And a single penny goes directly to any kind of military/VA fund. And even worse, a standard vanity plate is only $30.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Like what? o_O Just curious.

I live in texas so the perforated leather seats are a nice add. and I like the trailer towing tech such as the blind spot alert. after a turn or two it calculates the length of my trailer and lets me know when I have room to change lanes..also I always get nav and when I was shopping I never saw a lower trim level that had nav. the headlights are also different on the laramies.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I live in texas so the perforated leather seats are a nice add. and I like the trailer towing tech such as the blind spot alert. after a turn or two it calculates the length of my trailer and lets me know when I have room to change lanes..also I always get nav and when I was shopping I never saw a lower trim level that had nav. the headlights are also different on the laramies.

Gotcha!
Some of the newer model years you can get those options but now they have to be ordered from the factory with them. For example, on my '17 Ram Sport, it was equiped with the 8.4" UConnect (without NAV) but I had the option to add it, which I did at the dealership for @$500. For some reason, NAV now has to be added at the factory.

Also, I do have a Bighorn B.T.S. model on order and it will have the 8.4" NAV and the premium LED light package.

So, I guess it really depends on how the vehicle was ordered by the dealer/customer.

Cheers!
:cheers: