Bully Dog GT gas tuner throttle position reading 15 at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillyhemi215

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
What's up everybody first time on the forum I have a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 I just installed Bully Dog gas tuner that has on screen display I installed the the regular tune since I have a mix of mid-grade and premium. so the display gauge on the tuner says that my throttle is at 15% and I am at idle I don't know if it's a tuner problem or a throttle sensor problem I don't know if it was like that before the Turner because I had no display screen then lol

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I don't have a BullyDog tuner on my truck, I can say that sounds pretty close to norm as I run Torque on my Android and I show around 12.9% throttle at idle on my 5.7L Hemi.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What's up everybody first time on the forum I have a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 I just installed Bully Dog gas tuner that has on screen display I installed the the regular tune since I have a mix of mid-grade and premium. so the display gauge on the tuner says that my throttle is at 15% and I am at idle I don't know if it's a tuner problem or a throttle sensor problem I don't know if it was like that before the Turner because I had no display screen then lol
That is pretty normal for the Bully Dog tuner. I have seen the monitors in my customers trucks show anywhere from 12.2% all the way up to 16.8%.

Take the airbox off and look inside the throttle body. If you havent cleaned the throttle body in a while it will probably have the typical carbon build-up around the throttle blade. Remove the throttle body from the intake manifold by removing the 4 bolts and disconnecting the electrical connector. Clean the throttle body with some brake cleaner and a towel and reinstall and look at the monitor and see if the throttle percentage has changed. Sometimes the carbon build-up can keep the throttle blade from fully closing and show a higher percentage.