bumper build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bitchin05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
figured id show everyone the work ive been able to do to my 3rd gen 1500. i know its not much but im working on more it sucks when youre deployed and cant play with your truck. let me know what you think! also take a look at my album and tell me what you think thanks guys!!

4967-finished-product.jpg

4968-gotta-love-lightforces.jpg

4969-mounted-daylight.jpg

4983-finished-center-support-damn-near-bullet-proof.jpg

4982-welding-up-center-support.jpg

Last edited:

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I had the skill to build my own bumper like that, saves so much money.

Looks really good, looks like you don't have to worry about hurting your truck if you ever hit anything with it!

OP
OP
bitchin05

bitchin05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wish I had the skill to build my own bumper like that, saves so much money.

Looks really good, looks like you don't have to worry about hurting your truck if you ever hit anything with it!

it was mostly my buddy, hes built a couple before so he kind knew where to start. but it deffinitely took a lot of welding and cutting and welding again to get it there. we were both pretty happy with how it turned out. now the next project is the rear bumper. and thank you!

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
great job. looks sweet. things always mean more when you do them yourself.

OP
OP
bitchin05

bitchin05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Awesome! When you're ready to build one for my truck let me know! Haha

whenever you can make it down to killeen haha it doesnt take too long hell we used cutoff wheels on a grinder for all our cuts now he has a plasma cutter so it will probably take half the time to make it. its a matter of how well you can make the cuts. but seriously thank so much guys its good to get some feedback from people that know trucks! cant wait to get back and hopefully meet up with some of you

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Looks good man...you gonna open it up and thow a winch in there?

Great fab work...and good thinking welding it on the truck. I made the mistake when I made my bumper on my 03 of welding the bumper mounts off the truck. Warped it a little and made it impossible to mount back on the truck.

OP
OP
bitchin05

bitchin05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks good man...you gonna open it up and thow a winch in there?

Great fab work...and good thinking welding it on the truck. I made the mistake when I made my bumper on my 03 of welding the bumper mounts off the truck. Warped it a little and made it impossible to mount back on the truck.

yea thats whats nice about it is before we even started fab we made sure id have room to make a winch cradle and then all id have to do is cut the hole for my rollers. but i cant take credit for the idea of welding it on the truck that was all my buddy hes a fabricational genius. just wait till you guys see what we do with the rear bumper should be just as beefy and mean lookin