Steel Bumper Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSpinks

Reaction score
Ram Year
79,90,14,16x2,20
Engine
79=360 Cummins on the rest

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Made this one myself. I'm looking for input from others to make it better. I've had a few requests from friends to make more.

@906fabricator There are many similar to yours on the market. The issue I've always had was the height of the bar, as in what are you hoping to achieve with it? Its just too low to do much. Look at the one in my profile pic, granted the appearance is a bit much for some people I'm sure but it will protect my entire grill and the headlights from the local deer population that like to play chicken at 70mph. I've also used it to push over small trees without worrying about them hitting the top of the grill.

As for the fab quality itself, yours does look much cleaner than mine. Smaller gaps between the bumper and the grill/lights, smoother seams, etc. What paint did you use? Powder coat?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Made this one myself. I'm looking for input from others to make it better. I've had a few requests from friends to make more.

You did a fantastic job! That looks way nicer IMO than the darth-vader-looking bumpers on the market. Nice fab work.

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out AEV Front bumper. I've had my AEV bumper for pn now for 7 years. I had it custom painted with some flare to match my Granite truck color and some Dodge silver. It is built like a tank. Most of it is pressed steel so you do not see any welds. It mounts up to the frame like nobody's business. It can take a Warn 16.5ti winch that gets mounted inside the bumper, so you would need to make that decision prior to install or you will have to remove the entire bumper down the road. I really like this bumper, tuff, looks great, and sleek. It doesn't look like a "Bull Pusher" on the front of your truck. Also, it does not restrict the airflow to the intercooler. Watch out for that on other aftermarket bumpers.
THAT is one gorgeous bumper. Anyone know if they are ever going to come back in stock for the 1500? I'd have to modify for the front sensors, but it is doable

Last edited:

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just called AEV to check. The 1500 bumper has been discontinued.

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Vice Design, Gridiron and Bullerproof all make amazing bumpers. All are located in Canada though so shipping is a consideration.

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 532954
Outstanding job! I'm kind of partial to the bumpers that are lower under the headlights, with a vertical wrap that comes up to the lights. Just looks a little less bulky. Of course, integrated skids that cover all the junk underneath from a side angle are an absolute must. Wish you were a lot closer!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have a few options. We have the Body Armor one originally linked in stock right now.

I personally really like the ADD one, which we also have in stock

1705623722961.png

Message me for a quote on anything