Bumper & Receiver Setup

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by FireRescue462, Apr 18, 2015.

1. FireRescue462

FireRescue462 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L
    I'm currently 17 and starting a landscaping company. Nothing large. But I recently got rid of my old vehicle and purchased this 96 1500. Attatched is pictures of the rear end. No bumper with the setup for a receiver.. wondering what my options are for putting on a receiver. Looking to spend the least amount of money. I understand I need to buy a new bumper most likely, and I'm looking for specific make/models of the receivers. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. rammanriley20

rammanriley20 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1999 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.9 Mag
    i have the same "bumper" not really a bumper, its called a roll pan. You have 3 options. #1 you do it right and keep the rollpan and buy a hidden hitch to go behind it (just google hidden hitch or rollpan hitch). #2 you buy a used reciever and bolt it to the frame and it should stick down far enough to use (but they look ugly with a rollpan). or #3 you buy a stock bumper and reciever and go that route. cheapest way will be to buy a used reciever assuming you can find one not rusted out and use that, just make sure you have clearance

3. headhunter123

headhunter123 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 V8
    Where did you get that roll pan or "rear valance"?? Been wanting to swap out my bumper because it's angled downward. Was looking for one and your picture gave me an actual visual.