C0051, u0001, u0102, u0101 u0151 and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added the wiring harness in for the hood latch sensor and everything was fine.. now when I accelerate hard or hit bumps really the service elecronic braking system comes on and now on the way home I had to get on it and the service ebs light plus service abs plus service airbag system all flashed and my dash said no bus for a moment... so what did I do? I checked the connector it seems fine.. help.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check any connections you pulled apart or moved, sounds like something is loose. Pull them apart and inspect the connections, the make sure plug gets fully seated and latched. Those error codes are loss of comm to various modules

OP
OP
Thelegendl23

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This forum seems kinda dead lately is there a better one anyone uses? I posted in a other forum and all that happened is a mod moved my post that shouldn't have been moved.

I took apart the body connector and everything seemed normal.. I also removed the connecters from the bottom of the tipm and cleaned them they were pretty dirty. Still having same issue its like something is wiggling loose.. what else could cause it? I removed the remote start wires in case but same issue.

Check any connections you pulled apart or moved, sounds like something is loose. Pull them apart and inspect the connections, the make sure plug gets fully seated and latched. Those error codes are loss of comm to various modules

OP
OP
Thelegendl23

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I fixed it so go ahead and close this or whatever doesn't let me delete it

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Care to share how it was fixed? This may help other members when they search on this error.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m also curious what the problem was. When it comes to ghosts in electrical systems experience is everything.

OP
OP
Thelegendl23

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't leave us hanging mate, tell us what the problem was. I'm sure other folks might have similar issues and it will help them out.

Yeah definitely, it was a fluke. When I was installing the harness connector I must have bumped into the positive terminal just hard enough that the metal on the terminal bent.. (I guess) and the positive would no longer tighten. I took the truck to a local offroad pit and tried to figure out what kinda bumps caused the error and on what side, Well had a bit much fun and boom the positive popped right off and all kinds of errors messages popped up. Took it back home and replaced the positive but the negative battery module for the voltage was also broken off and the negative wasnt really tight either. So long story short..

Battery terminals

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Electrical is funny like that. These days I always assume it’s a small and simple before I let my blood pressure boil and start throwing parts at it. Most often I find it’s either a loose or ****** ground, corrosion on connectors, etc.

I’m glad you were able to track down the problem.

OP
OP
Thelegendl23

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks me too, the state of dealers these days i really didnt want to take bessy in

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny thing we were just having intermittent starting issues with our dually ... battery and alternator tested ok, so ignition switch? Starter or starter relay?
No, battery cables were loose. Duh, but at least an easy fix!

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a 98 Dakota before my Ram one day I was cruising down the highway and it just started stalling while cruising. It was a standard so i would pop the clutch and get it restarted but it would just stall again, pretty dicey on the highway.

It ended up being a loose ground on my firewall :banghead: