C2200...an interesting observation (possible fix?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TVI74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1st time posting...Hi. I own a 2016 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn 5.7 4x4.
A couple of weeks ago my truck started getting the hand brake, ABS, & traction control lights. Ran codes with AlfaOBD, sure enough code C2200. Of course I couldn't order a new module so I ordered a low mileage complete assembly off eBay. Being that this is my daily I had to keep driving it while waiting for the replacement parts to arrive. During this time I noticed that on cooler/cold mornings (below 60°) is when the lights would come on (it was a fairly cold night when it started), but when it was warmer the lights stayed off. My oldest son & I decided that it might have something to do with the brake fluid. I bought my truck with over 100k miles on it so it's not certain if the fluid has ever been serviced (it was a darker brown color). So we sucked out the reservoir & added fresh fluid. The next morning was below 50°...no lights. So far, this past week it has been below 50° in the mornings & still no lights. I still need to run codes again to see if it is still showing up. I'll report back when I do.

I'll be replacing the pads & rotors soon so I will do a complete fluid flush then.

Update: checked for codes and C2200 was still showing up so I cleared it out. Checked again and the code went away. I'm not sure if my truck is an "anomaly" or something, but if this fixed it then I'll take it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357