cab visor wind nuisance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
Can anybody with experience comment on the application of a cab visors wind nuisance?
I'm interested to mount one, but someone on another site complained that although cool
looking it had terrible wind flutter and was very noisy.....looking to buy, but not if a nuisance.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
If mounted properly, they are quiet. Some of the cheap ones whistle a bit, but you can find the whistle with tape, then fix it with something. Shoddy mounts are the biggest cause for thudding and vibrations, there also needs to be an air gap between it and the cab or you may have strange issues with whistling and such.

trucksey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 v10
I'm interested in a cab visor too, what brands are the best to install or what one are you looking to get?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I've installed the sport visor before, it was pretty simple but you have to pay attention. Too far forward or back and the contours wont seem to fit properly. I thought the included mounting hardware was a little lacking, and used my own, but you should be fine just using whats supplied. The biggest issue is going to be making sure you sealed the drilled holes.

OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
I'm interested in a cab visor too, what brands are the best to install or what one are you looking to get?

Mine would be the Lund lunar visor model #77134 for '98 to 2001 dodge ram 1500 - 3500......it's been discontinued, but I found one in Mn.

OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
I've installed the sport visor before, it was pretty simple but you have to pay attention. Too far forward or back and the contours wont seem to fit properly. I thought the included mounting hardware was a little lacking, and used my own, but you should be fine just using whats supplied. The biggest issue is going to be making sure you sealed the drilled holes.

I wonder if Ford or Dodge ever equipped an optional cab visor for there trucks?