Camber bolts maxxed after level??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I installed my front bilsteins at 2.8, mevotech arms, and a 1" rear spacer from top gun. The truck looks exactly how I hoped, I'm very pleased!! HOWEVER.... after driving on it a few days, I carpe'd the diem and took it to tire Discounters to get an alignment. When I went to pick it up, the sales guy was being a bit coy, and I asked why the "after" measurements on the spec sheet showed both sides had camber out of spec, about 1° positive. He showed me a note that said the camber bolts were maxxed and they could do no better.

I've never heard of this issue with guys setting the 5100's at 2.8, is this a known issue??? I'm really torn on what to do. I'm not real happy about it being out of spec, although the manager assured me it wasn't enough to hurt anything as long as I rotated the tires regularly. But Im not sure I buy it. Any thought/suggestions on if I should let it go, go elsewhere, check anything? I'm eyeballing tires in the not so distant future, don't wanna trash a new set of expensive rubber prematurely.

Thanks gents!

OP
OP
sriley531

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No one?? Am I the only one??!! [emoji33]

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the alignment on mine myself and it is spot on. It should be able to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sriley531

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, not gonna lie, I expected a lot more feedback on this one... [emoji15]

J, what were your final measurements? How much was left on the camber screw?
I did the alignment on mine myself and it is spot on. It should be able to be done.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can take a pic of the bolts later. I think they were pretty close to being maxed but I was still able to get in spec. It was about a year ago, I don't remember what the specs were. Can you post a pic of the print out they have you? How does the truck drive?

OP
OP
sriley531

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I'll get a pic of the sheet. The truck drives great, no issues there. Rides better than stock too.