Fuel level sensor CEL after multiple parts changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RootPC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon, I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Express 5.7.

I've been battling some fuel and electrical issues since I've bought the truck. Had a nuked engine when I bought it (half the cylinders where disabled due to a solenoid being bad, then found out via the truck wanting to throw up the engine while driving that one or more pistons had nuked. Replaced the engine with a new crated OEM, installed by the dealership).
Also changed the fuel pump due to it not reporting correctly. After getting it changed, it reported (seemingly) correctly for a few weeks, then it started misbehaving again (the gauge would show pegged Full, Half, or Empty, no in between. Dealt with that for a year or 2, then took it in again, and the dealership found that the tank had sucked itself in a bit. So I bought parts myself (used tank, filler tubes, another fuel pump)
At some point before this I had the main harness connector located along the frame under the driver's seat replaced because the latch was broke and the previous owner had it zip tied to keep it from becoming loose.
I also replaced the TIPM.

Anyway, with all that in mind, I'm still getting a P0463 and U1403, and the gauge does not report correctly (floats between half and full)

I do have other codes relating to electical (practically all lights report Circuit Short To Battery or Open, though they all work)

Any ideas?

Edit: Also, while sitting here, I have noticed that it seems to "struggle" (blower fan for AC and Heat slows, lights dim) and then it seems to report fuel level correctly for a minute or so before dropping again

Edit 2: when it does report empty, it takes 17-23gal to fill on a 32gal tank

Edit 3: Just installed new Morimoto lighting, and my 3rd brake light still flashes the reverse lights once and then turns off. Doesn't turn on when in reverse or I have the bed light button on. This was happening before the install too, but I had figured it was the old unit, but apparently not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357