camper Shell fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some answers.

I did a quick search of the forum and did not find an answer to this question. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I am looking to get a camper shell for it. The question I have is will a new shell for the current line of rams fit the 2005 model year? I am assuming not but, since used shells are hard to find, thought I would ask the question. Are there any other trucks that have the same dimensions of the bed that a cap from will work on my Ram? Thank you for your assistance.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think the caps made for the new ones will fit, but you should be able to order a new cap for your model year truck, no?

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nope the new truck ones won't fit but like was said you should be able to order one for yours.I bought mine from a place in Cleveland call A Better Truck Cap and it was under a grand installed.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
:welcome:

And as the other guys said the shells for the gen 4 trucks will not fit the gen 3 trucks. And even saying that some shells are year specific seeing as manufacturers change thing durn near every year.