Canada Import - EVIC cluster issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beegeeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hey all!

I bought a 2014 1500 5 years ago from a BMW dealership in Washington state. I registered and titled the vehicle in Oregon where I live. I knew at the time based on CarFax that the vehicle originated in Canada.

Recently, my EVIC failed and my local dealership ordered a new cluster based on the VIN. The part they received and installed was in KMPH instead of MPH (the physical gauge, not the digital display). When I went back today to explain and ask for help, they claimed they can't do anything about it because the truck is still showing as Canadian, and the parts supplier has to provide the matching part. I wish they had notified me of the issue before I spent $1500 on the repair. They can't warranty the part since it is a Canadian vehicle.

I've spoken with FCA Canada and they have "released" the vehicle from the Canadian market. I've spoken with FCA US but they say they can't do anything because the vehicle wasn't properly imported.

So I'm a little stuck!

Anyone had the pleasure of resolving this type of issue?

I have inquiries out to the EPA (anonymously) and to the dealer I bought it from.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey all!

I bought a 2014 1500 5 years ago from a BMW dealership in Washington state. I registered and titled the vehicle in Oregon where I live. I knew at the time based on CarFax that the vehicle originated in Canada.

Recently, my EVIC failed and my local dealership ordered a new cluster based on the VIN. The part they received and installed was in KMPH instead of MPH (the physical gauge, not the digital display). When I went back today to explain and ask for help, they claimed they can't do anything about it because the truck is still showing as Canadian, and the parts supplier has to provide the matching part. I wish they had notified me of the issue before I spent $1500 on the repair. They can't warranty the part since it is a Canadian vehicle.

I've spoken with FCA Canada and they have "released" the vehicle from the Canadian market. I've spoken with FCA US but they say they can't do anything because the vehicle wasn't properly imported.

So I'm a little stuck!

Anyone had the pleasure of resolving this type of issue?

I have inquiries out to the EPA (anonymously) and to the dealer I bought it from.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Hunt up a used US Evic and program the milege to match your trucks milege using AlphaOBD. Unless somebody already did an Evic swap,the new Evic should be the same one that was in the truck. I'm guessing you'll have to write off the 1500 you've spent,as most dealers won't take back electrical components once installed. BTW you're in the wrong forum,you should be in the 4th Gen forum

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Hmmm. Mine is a 2018 from Canada but I got my warranty transferred and actually had warranty work done that they covered but in talking to one of the dealers they had mentioned the same scenario of a guy with a Jeep whose cluster went bad. Luckily since I had mine transferred they said there is no indication that mine was Canadian when they pull up the VIN. Not sure if you can still get a 2014 transferred? FWIW my warranty was the 8.4" touch screen nav went bad and they replaced it. Would there be anything different about Canadian vs U.S. on that? If so they apparently gave me the U.S. one