Canadian Rams and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So some of you might remember when I bought my truck back in May 2019. Bought it here in PA with 8000 miles on it but it had originally came from Canada with no warranty. I called Chrysler and my local dealers and was told I could transfer it after I hit 15,000km (about 9300 miles), which I did. There were some here still posting that there was no way it could be transferred. Well 2 weeks ago my my nav started showing me about 100 miles away from where I actually was. Took it to the dealer and they ordered a new unit. Dropped it off yesterday and picked it up today. Truck has just under 18,000 miles on it and the replacement was completely covered under warranty.

I did pretty extensive research on this warranty transfer and was pretty sure I was good to go but know there were a few naysayers here that said there was no way to transfer it.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
So some of you might remember when I bought my truck back in May 2019. Bought it here in PA with 8000 miles on it but it had originally came from Canada with no warranty. I called Chrysler and my local dealers and was told I could transfer it after I hit 15,000km (about 9300 miles), which I did. There were some here still posting that there was no way it could be transferred. Well 2 weeks ago my my nav started showing me about 100 miles away from where I actually was. Took it to the dealer and they ordered a new unit. Dropped it off yesterday and picked it up today. Truck has just under 18,000 miles on it and the replacement was completely covered under warranty.

I did pretty extensive research on this warranty transfer and was pretty sure I was good to go but know there were a few naysayers here that said there was no way to transfer it.

That is great news. I am sure glad things worked out for you.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was a rental from Canada and it also transferred dealership took care of it and I confirmed with my local dealer ship it was good. Not sure why some transfer and others don't. Anyone have any insight on that?

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
They told me there were 2 codes. Can't remember the numbers but something like 952 and 956. One was eligible for transfer, the other wasn't. No idea what the difference is though.

After one dealer did my transfer I called them a few days later and had them pull up my VIN to see if there was anything pointing to it being Canadian and they confirmed there wasn't. Called a different dealer and had them check too and nothing again. So I was pretty sure my warranty was good but didn't want to 'count' on it until I had to try it.