Car washes and tonneau covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stv1520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve got a roll up tonneau cover. I’ve gone to a touch less car wash and pick the deluxe without any wax or protectant. Working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used Mike's Carwash and have never had an issue with either one.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I’ve had 3 of the ABS Undercover Tonneaus. Been through countless car washes. Never picked one over the other b/c of type, brushless or the slap and whip spinning brushes. Never had a problem with any of them.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had a Tyger tri-fold on my 2019 Classic, had auto carwashes and the blowers on it, never an issue.

20190604_111211.jpg

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never had a problem with mine and it's over 5 years old.Kept it from my 2015.

gzig5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Never had an issue with the Truxport tonneau.

Are those low profile bug deflectors effective?

Apparently I need bird and stone deflector too....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never had an issue with the bug deflector or tonneau cover.

View attachment 241487

DANG, everytime I see dat ride, so nice and clean and clean lines.

No issue on Car Wash: BUT I will only do touchless, not need swirls also and I have full tonneau cover. More than not, just hand spray at wash and when I got an extra 4 hours, do by hand at house.

IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0614.JPG trkwash.jpg

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DANG, everytime I see dat ride, so nice and clean and clean lines.

No issue on Car Wash: BUT I will only do touchless, not need swirls also and I have full tonneau cover. More than not, just hand spray at wash and when I got an extra 4 hours, do by hand at house.

View attachment 245189 View attachment 245190 View attachment 245191
Thanks man! You got your rig looking pretty damn nice yourself!

I hear I try to do as much cleaning by hand as I can, but them damn winter months she’s visiting the car wash a little more often. Lol

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man! You got your rig looking pretty damn nice yourself!

I hear I try to do as much cleaning by hand as I can, but them damn winter months she’s visiting the car wash a little more often. Lol

I find the Red Beast stays pretty dirty. A lot of trees, dust blowing, pollen. SO when I do get to town, I almost always visit the spray wash, what's a few dollars to at least be nice to yer ride. I also find then $10.00 drive thru puppies not always do any better than stand there and spray, just more convenient. Also, my truck stays parked 98.5% of time, so it is a really nice, pretty, kewl riding "lowly" Bighorn that collects a lot of dirt. I keep getting Service Reminders from dealership, but heck, That truck might sit 5 days before even goes to town and back, 10 miles (The biggest reason I got rid of my ED and went to HEMI). If weather ok, and not too cold, for lil runs, I use my Motorcycle: Gotta move the oil on dat expensive ride also.

DSCN0321aa.jpg

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find the Red Beast stays pretty dirty. A lot of trees, dust blowing, pollen. SO when I do get to town, I almost always visit the spray wash, what's a few dollars to at least be nice to yer ride. I also find then $10.00 drive thru puppies not always do any better than stand there and spray, just more convenient. Also, my truck stays parked 98.5% of time, so it is a really nice, pretty, kewl riding "lowly" Bighorn that collects a lot of dirt. I keep getting Service Reminders from dealership, but heck, That truck might sit 5 days before even goes to town and back, 10 miles (The biggest reason I got rid of my ED and went to HEMI). If weather ok, and not too cold, for lil runs, I use my Motorcycle: Gotta move the oil on dat expensive ride also.

View attachment 245243
Mine pretty much gets driven every day, I just can’t go anywhere without her lol. She did get a few months of a break at the beginning of Covid **** as I was working from home. I’m back at the office now so she’s pretty much on the go every day now.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That puppy just shines..... The Blackout is Great, I bought MY 19 a early 2019, in AUG 2018, those options not available then. I want me a pretty Hydro Blue, but not gonna trade in a 3 year old truck to get 21 pretty Blue, and Have to go to Limited/Laramie cause I want the MFT too, hee hee. U know.