Tonneau not fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Some of the reviews complain about the fitment. Sounds like a quality control issue. I avoided that cover for this specific reason.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought a tonneau cover from Amazon for my 2021 ram 1500 quad cab. My truck bed measures out to 6'4". The tonneau I bought was for my truck bed size, when I bought it and I received it, it was to big. Does anyone have any idea why. Link below is what I bought.

You could return it and reach out to one of the vendors in the Vendor section. I ended up with a great deal from Tonneau Factory Outlet recently, and other really good teams there like Realtruck as well.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a tonneau cover from Amazon for my 2021 ram 1500 quad cab. My truck bed measures out to 6'4". The tonneau I bought was for my truck bed size, when I bought it and I received it, it was to big. Does anyone have any idea why. Link below is what I bought.
Like others have stated, probably poor quality control or Amazon shipped the wrong size. Stuff happens, send it back for a new one if you want to try the same model again. Amazon has an easy return policy so I suggest exchanging it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you have a DT body truck, the bed dimensions changed slightly with for the new body styling.
The HD trucks(DJ) and Classics(DS) share the same 6.4' bed
I've attached the drawings for the DJ/DS 6.4 bed, don't have the ones for the DT body.

Attachments

• Ram_DS DJ D2 box drawing 6.4 _all+.pdf
    422.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: