Carli Rear Track Bar Drop Bracket Installation w/ Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In 2015 I installed the Mopar 2155797 "two inch" lift kit on my 2015 1500 4x4 and while it is the factory-endorsed lift and it works very well there's always room for a little improvement.

The two inch lift kit lifted my Tradesman Reg. Cab Short Bed by 3 inches in back and that has not settled over time. The Mopar kit does not include a track bar drop bracket and really it drives and handles fine without it but when I saw that Carli sells a drop bracket for 1500's it looked to me like a good investment, even if it only makes me think I notice a difference :D

I purchased from SDHQ and paid full retail, I don't know those guys and there is no promotion or other conflict of interest here whatsoever. They did ship fast and pack well.

As of writing this I have not driven the truck yet so I'll reply later on after I've gone for a drive or three.

This is how the track bar has been these past 4+ years:

36RkLt0.jpg

The Carli track bar drop bracket mounts on the chassis end (Passenger side, top) and lowers that end of the sway bar by a couple inches with no lateral change. It is held in place by five bolts of approximately 12mm diameter and this necessitates drilling four holes with a recommended 1/2" drill. One hole is existing on the chassis.

455opRZ.jpg

The general instructions are to support your chassis securely on jack stands (lifting the vehicle off the ground is not necessary, I only "unloaded" the suspension a quarter inch just enough to get the stands under the frame with some weight on them) and then carefully loosen both ends of the track bar, remove the top/chassis side bolt entirely. The track bar will likely be under a little bit of tension or compression so be ready for that, it's not dramatic. Let the track bar dangle and put your new bracket in place with the 5th bolt in an existing chassis hole and the track bar bolt through the chassis & new bracket. Use this as a guide to center punch your new holes, front and rear. It may be necessary to remove the rear section of your muffler/tailpipe. I found that easy here in Arizona, just a little Shin-Etsu grease on the rubber hanger to pop that off and a 15mm deep socket to release the clamp behind the muffler.

Remove the new bracket & drill the holes out to 1/2" (I used a 3mm metric drill first, then 1/4" then 1/2" and clean thoroughly, spray with rust preventative paint.

Hh6xOiF.jpg

After the paint has dried reinstall the bracket with the 5 provided bolts, 10 washers and 5 lock nuts

The top bolt/nut/washers required a little creativity.

llW4MZH.jpg

After everything is back in place the track bar may not want to immediately line up because it has followed an arc, so it might be necessary to use a ratchet strap between the chassis and axle to pull the top of the track bar into proper alignment. Not hard, but it does ask quite a bit of the ratchet strap so don't use your wimpiest one or one that's been frayed or knotted.

Post install the track bar on my truck is much closer to level, though not absolutely so. I'd imagine if I had a Laramie quad cab I'd have gotten a little less lift from the kit and the track bar would be spot on level.

3eaQtCZ.jpg

Now to clean up and go burn some gas!

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kurek

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After a little driving I can definitely tell something's changed, the two speed bumps on my street feel a little different. But we're always biased when we spend money on something so I can't really declare it meaningfully better yet.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Good write up and info, thanks for posting.

It's interesting that Mopar didn't feel the need to include any correction for the track bar angle in their kit, I assume they looked into it and decided it wasn't necessary. There's been quite a bit of discussion around the forum on the need to correct the track bar angle with 1-2" rear lifts on the 1500, with varying opinions of course. I don't see anyway that adding this track bar drop bracket in your case could hurt anything though, it likely does help some.