Catch Can...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed my Moroso and with 33K miles there was not a hint of oil at all, looked brand new. Since I bought the truck used with 29K miles is it safe to assume the previous owner didn't run her to hard based on the looks of the TB with no catch can? Thanks y'all

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After doing a lot of reading, looks like the DIY method works fine and saves some $$.
I was looking at this this at Menards. 1/4" NPT Airline Filter at Menards
I like the idea it has •Manual drain to remove solid contaminants and bulk liquids.
Anyone ever heard of anybody installing this one from Menards?

Mr. Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Big Horn CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Digging up a thread from the past a bit...
I was looking at BT's Youtube video about installing one of these, and at the very end, they say something about an EGR delete? Is this applicable to the 5.7 Hemi? Or is it just a matter of hooking up the two hoses and going?

Also, does anyone have experience with the $20 eBay catch cans?

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Digging up a thread from the past a bit...
I was looking at BT's Youtube video about installing one of these, and at the very end, they say something about an EGR delete? Is this applicable to the 5.7 Hemi? Or is it just a matter of hooking up the two hoses and going?

Also, does anyone have experience with the $20 eBay catch cans?
Great question! I hope someone answers about the cheapies on eBay. I have wondered if those are any good.

TXCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you want to go cheap, just slap a breather filter on it and cap the intake tube port. $6 mr-gasket ~ they're baffled so no mess, and you never have to drain anything.

Last edited: