Cerakoted my antenna Graphite Black tonight...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
For whatever reason the regular silver antenna has bugged me. Don't care for the shorter antennas and just never took the time to find a black one to order. Was doing a batch of black gun parts tonight and figured I'd just clean, blast, and Cerakote my antenna while I was at it.

Will try to get pics tomorrow after I throw it back on the truck. I think it's going to be one of those little things that no one notices but makes me happy.

Pardon the messy workbench. Been a hectic week and I need to get stuff finished up and put away but for now it is what it is.

988922_10202329674202229_1505315359245708349_n.jpg

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oooo thats a good idea! I like it! Guns are pretty to :D

OP
OP
TwistedJake

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Thanks guys. I know its a minor mod but it sure made me a lot happier. Seems nearly every rig now days has a black antenna and I just think it looks way better. I was laughing today cause I jumped in a work truck to run some errands, a basic F series pickup, and it had a black antenna.

The guns are actually nothing too special right there. The AR is just a Ares Armor upper with match barrel with a Wylde chamber. The shotty is a basic pump 12g that showed up yesterday. And the chassis is here to be modded for a Rem700 build. All the real nice fun stuff is locked in safes. That's just what was on the work bench overnight.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that a Stevens 12g ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TwistedJake

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Is that a Stevens 12g ?

Yup, one of the black Friday specials from PSA. I think it was like $120 shipped. Screaming deal. It's a long story but needed to replace a trunk shotgun that is still being held by the police as evidence. Could be a very long while before that one is released back and when it is I want to hang it on the wall, with the empty shell from the last shot taken with it (assuming it is released from evidence with the shotgun), the news article, and never shoot it again.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup, one of the black Friday specials from PSA. I think it was like $120 shipped. Screaming deal. It's a long story but needed to replace a trunk shotgun that is still being held by the police as evidence. Could be a very long while before that one is released back and when it is I want to hang it on the wall, with the empty shell from the last shot taken with it (assuming it is released from evidence with the shotgun), the news article, and never shoot it again.

Sounds like a long story ! Haha that is an amazing deal! I bought my girlfriend the same shotgun. After all was said and done it was double that price. this was only in August not too long ago. My barrel however has surface rust already with only a few uses. So I would coat your barrel to prevent that problem.

OP
OP
TwistedJake

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Sounds like a long story ! Haha that is an amazing deal! I bought my girlfriend the same shotgun. After all was said and done it was double that price. this was only in August not too long ago. My barrel however has surface rust already with only a few uses. So I would coat your barrel to prevent that problem.

After a few rounds through this one just to make sure it functions I'm going to probably Cerakote it. Just about everything I own is Cerakoted. Perk of being an applicator I guess.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Interesting. How expensive is it to cerakote something like an Antenna?

OP
OP
TwistedJake

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Interesting. How expensive is it to cerakote something like an Antenna?

It would cost way more to have it Cerakoted than it would be to just buy a black one. Only reason I went the Cerakote route instead is because it didn't cost me anything.

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so this isn't a how-to thread to clean an AR and shotgun with the cleaning rod in the middle? just kidding! Nice mod.