Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Szika

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
So I have a new Check engine light on my 2016 Ram Eco Diesel. P04DB- Positive crank case ventilation. Has anyone been down this slippery slope with the dealer yet, my dealer is trying to give me the run around.....

I had a CEL come on last weeks and they said it was for a three way cooling valve, which was replaced. On way home this new code pops up. I read that an article said could be disappearing coolant. I am missing about three inches of coolant out of the coolant Res. Any assistance or advice would be great

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That code as described is a crankcase ventilation issue. Did you install a catch can by any chance?
The 3-way valve will usually throw a P26AB code when it fails
Another glaring problem if your 3" down in the degas bottle, your basically out of coolant. If the coolant doesn't keep the large tube on the left covered, your likely to introduce air into the system and possibly puke a head gasket from overheating.

OP
OP
Tim Szika

Tim Szika

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have not installed a catch can as of yet. I go back to the dealership on Thursday, I think they are trying to hose me but I’m going because FCA is trying to work it out why I have horrible turbo lag. The dealership told the FCA folks that the AEM update is the cause of my turbo lag problem