Chrome grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdp45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve purchased a new 2021 Ram 1500 for my wife last September. After detailing the truck I noticed the chrome on the grill is starting to peel. Took to my dealership to get it warranted. They say Ram denied claim. Spoke with 3 people at Ram Cares and was not able to find out why warranty was denied. Anyone else having issues with their chrome grills ? I want to purchase a 3/4 ton truck in the near future and the customer service is is making me think of looking at other manufacturers.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am not a huge fan of the chrome grill on mine, as it is all plastic anyway. Doesnt make sense they would deny your warrranty.

OP
OP
Cdp45

Cdp45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed. After talking to Ram Cares (4 different people) I was informed the dealership never put in a warranty claim for it. Of course I went back to the dealership and gave the Service Manager a piece of my mind. It wasn’t pretty. The dealership is now telling me that they will warranty it. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Agreed. After talking to Ram Cares (4 different people) I was informed the dealership never put in a warranty claim for it. Of course I went back to the dealership and gave the Service Manager a piece of my mind. It wasn’t pretty. The dealership is now telling me that they will warranty it. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.
Bad dealer....they should have done it without question.

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Why would somebody, anyone at a dealership ever just not put in a warranty claim for the grill ?
Is it going to cost them anything
( including time ) ? The dealer doesn’t eat any of the costs , right ? Sounds like nothing but a lazy a-h*le just being himself to me.

OP
OP
Cdp45

Cdp45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed. I’ve had issues with the same Service Manager in the past when he was a Service Writer. Dealership is now under new ownership so hopefully their customer service improves tremendously.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Agreed on giving the dealership good talking to.... but I'd personally find another dealership to get this addressed with instead of going back there.

Kind of like making big complaints with volume to the chef at a restaurant...have you ever watched the movie "Waiting" ;)

OP
OP
Cdp45

Cdp45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would love to go to another dealership. Problem is I live in a small town and the next dealerships are 3 hours away one way. Guess that’s the downside of living in a small town.