Climate Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well guess Mother Nature was a bit ticked at us up here in the Great white North. Into our 3rd day of this storm.70 K winfd and aver 2 ft of snow making 8 ft drifts..can't get my JD out of the garage yet to clear a path..oh well Nascar today will pass some time until the storm ends later today..we hope!IMG_1412.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well guess Mother Nature was a bit ticked at us up here in the Great white North. Into our 3rd day of this storm.70 K winfd and aver 2 ft of snow making 8 ft drifts..can't get my JD out of the garage yet to clear a path..oh well Nascar today will pass some time until the storm ends later today..we hope!View attachment 538808
LOL i'm glad it's finally started to go east Dave. We had just under 30 cms here between friday and saturday,so alot less then it looks like you guys got.The worst of it was the rapid temperature drop,at noon on Friday we were +11C,a half hour later by 12:30 we'd dropped to -7C,not out of the norm for us,but still doesn't mean we gotta like it :rolleyes: :Big Laugh:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah well if it is cold or warm, I am watching nascar. Go larsen vegas winner in about 5 hours or so.

I felt bad for chandler smith yesterday, celebrated raja friday. Opps I am revealing the level of my obsession.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah well if it is cold or warm, I am watching nascar. Go larsen vegas winner in about 5 hours or so.

I felt bad for chandler smith yesterday, celebrated raja friday. Opps I am revealing the level of my obsession.
It's not obsession! It's passion for some of us horsepower and speed is all we know.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well guess Mother Nature was a bit ticked at us up here in the Great white North. Into our 3rd day of this storm.70 K winfd and aver 2 ft of snow making 8 ft drifts..can't get my JD out of the garage yet to clear a path..oh well Nascar today will pass some time until the storm ends later today..we hope!View attachment 538808

Man, if that race didnt do something for ya I dont know what to say. Nascar is better then ever, close racing. Yeah Larsen won all 3 stages but that doesnt tell the story, lol? Nascar used to have great men driving that I will give that much to anyone, but the actual racing they have now, edge of the seat til the checkers. No more leader the only guy on lead lap, I think they had like 30 cars on lead lap at the end, or close to 30. Good stuff.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
YUP gotta love that #5..Larson did a great job holding off reddick on the last few laps...impressive how no matter where he restarted from he found a way to get to the front..pretty good driver..car had to be a tad head & shouldersd above the rest..what's going on with Elliott?..Back to plowing..yikes ..3 hrs so far hardly a dent!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lucky you. We had a grand total of one snow storm this year. It was a good week, but then it warmed up (big time).

I miss a good hard winter (not kidding). Lot of snow and below zero (F) temps!

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was back home in Oregon last week for a few days and woke up with snow on my truck yesterday morning which is pretty rare down in the valley this late in the season. Luckily, I was able to get enough scraped off so my nephew could drive me to the airport to catch my flight to my current home in Maui :) :) :) Yeah, it's brutal here.... low 80s with a light breeze. Going to walk down to the ocean here in a bit and watch the sunset. Might have to put on a shirt once it gets dark :favorites13::favorites13:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
YUP gotta love that #5..Larson did a great job holding off reddick on the last few laps...impressive how no matter where he restarted from he found a way to get to the front..pretty good driver..car had to be a tad head & shouldersd above the rest..what's going on with Elliott?..Back to plowing..yikes ..3 hrs so far hardly a dent!
My best friend who is also my nascar buddy we used to go every year went and visited hendricks when he did a nascar vacation that included bristol night race and then going down to Charlotte. So the 48 and back then the 88 came from one place and the 24 and 5 the other shop. Now the 88 is the 9 because elliot's dad, so basically the 9 and 48 are in the same camp and larsen 5 and 24 byron are in the other camp. For whatever reason since the body change the 5 and 24 are hot and elliot and bowman have cooled a lot. I am kinda thinking this wont last with elliot being nascars favorite driver he can certainly use his name to force a better deal. I doubt he just sits here for ever while byron and larsen are winning every damn thing.

You catch the bowyer in car, lol? Larsen killed bowyer when bowyer tried to chop him down when he was in the car., Bower said what do you think about your team mate passing you with that move. Larsen was all, yeah I remember that feeling when I passed you all those times bowyer, ha.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I began watching Truex, before he drove for Jr.
I am still watching him now that he drives a Toyota
I think that he may peak this year, now that his son is racing.

I still watch Hendricks drivers, just not as closely

Joe Gibbs Racing was my pick for seeing DODGE back in the Field, but he went with Toyota

Dodge had been looking for a Team that could do it all,
they had to do everything in House, frames, engines, suspension, body, garages, etc.

I am not as much of a fan as i once was ..

The 3 stages was what did it, if you going to have Heat Racing, do it some other way.
Before that, when they basically said, you can't race for the Championship, if you don't win a race in the first half of the season.
Another thing, if weather ends the Race, the person in the lead can run for a Championship.
That person is not a race winner, they just happened to be at the flag stand, when the flag was waved.

Last edited:

Jas34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Enjoy your snow, guys. Just yesterday I was in a remote national park in Zimbabwe, where we were camped among the hippos, elephants ,lions, hyenas and various other critters. Daytime temps topped 100 degrees F., and doubt it went much below 80 at night. The land cruiser we were driving only got stuck in the mud a couple of times as the last 70 k of the 8-9 hr trip from Harare was on rough dirt roads (if you could even call them that).

Back to SC tomorrow, but I won't see snow there either. I don't do Canada until sailing season on the Great Lakes, so see you up there once your snow is long gone.

My pic for the day. This guy walked by us about 10' away while we stood motionless and let him pass through. Right between where we were staying and the river behind. Makes you feel kinda small and insignificant.

Attachments

• IMG-20240303-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240303-WA0005.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep Burla..I was rolling with that comeback by Larson..pretty quick mind that lad..too funny!

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OMG..you are so fortuneate to experience that Jas 34..yep forget Climate Change and snow when you have the opportunity for that visual...wow!

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Climate Change?
I am curious. Did we fix Global Warming? Is that now a dead issue?
Hmmmm

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I began watching Truex, before he drove for Jr.
I am still watching him now that he drives a Toyota
I think that he may peak this year, now that his son is racing.

I still watch Hendricks drivers, just not as closely

Joe Gibbs Racing was my pick for seeing DODGE back in the Field, but he went with Toyota

Dodge had been looking for a Team that could do it all,
they had to do everything in House, frames, engines, suspension, body, garages, etc.

I am not as much of a fan as i once was ..

The 3 stages was what did it, if you going to have Heat Racing, do it some other way.
Before that, when they basically said, you can't race for the Championship, if you don't win a race in the first half of the season.
Another thing, if weather ends the Race, the person in the lead can run for a Championship.
That person is not a race winner, they just happened to be at the flag stand, when the flag was waved.
I've all but stopped watching NASCAR races. I don't even know who's racing anymore. I blame the reaction to the fact that Matt Kenseth won the championship without winning any races, for the rules changes that was the final straw for me. So what if he was champion without a win. The whole idea behind points racing is consistency. Now, someone can win a championship after doing nothing all season except win one race then have good results for the last 10 races. That's not really appealing to me. But then again, for me the sport really died with Dale Earnhardt.

As far as snow goes, we had a couple inches overnight, but it will be mostly gone by this evening. I'm definitely not jealous of what some of you have gotten recently.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
The warming climate is a good thing. The aternative is cooling and that would be a real disaster for humanity. Warming oceans create more evaporation and that causes more precipitation, fresh water for crops and all life. Things change, including climate and we humans are not the primary cause for this warming. The sun goes through cycles that increase the amount of energy it makes and this cycle is consistant at 900 to 1000 years. From 1050 AD to 1200 the planet became warmer than it is today and this was before humanity used fossil fuels. England began growing grapes that produced so much high quality wine during this period that France outlawed the import of English wine because it undercut the French market. Nordic explorers dicovered Greenland and moved there to grow the crops they grew in Norway. When the warming period ended they could no longer grow these crops and changed to a sea food diet they learned from the newly arrived arctic people (Eskimos). These arctic people expanded their range during this warming oeriod and arrived after the Vikings. We are creating havoc by trying to fix something we have no control over.