Clunking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pasteris71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently installed a 2.25" leveling kit in my 2012 Ram 1500. There was no noise before the install. Shortly after I noticed that every time I drive over small bumps or uneven parts in the road I'm hearing what I can only explain as a clunking noise. It's coming from the front end. I went underneath and checked sway bar, tie rods and all looks good. Anyone else have this??

OP
OP
P

Pasteris71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sway bar links

After baking in the 96 degree sun today, along with some few choice words, I found the clunk noise coming from my sway bar links. Easy enough fix! Once it cools down its time to fix them.

vtaylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had this same issue. I still have the Mopar warranty though so I took it in to the dealer. They said it was the shock making that noise, replaced it under warranty.

OP
OP
P

Pasteris71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well the links didn't fix the problem. Still have the clunking noise. Everything is tight. Thinking it may be time to get rid of leveling kit and get some Bilsteins.

OP
OP
P

Pasteris71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found problem

Upper ball joints. Just enough movement to make the clunking sound. Of course they are not greasable so I'm going to replace with new Moog greasable ball joints.