Comparison- 22x12x37 Fury RT vs 24x14x37 AMP Mud Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_1332.jpg IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1331.jpg Well, my new wheels and tires came in Friday, and i had a small road trip to get a feel for them. Let me preface by saying this is my 4th ram. all 4 trucks have had different suspensions sizes and brands, all 4 trucks different brands of tires and wheels so im pretty well versed. ive owned 35 inch Cooper STT pros, 36 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Deegan 38s, and AMP mud terrain MT's. Now i have the country Hunter RT from Fury Tires, and there was little no info or reviews on them so i wanted to write up a comparison.

So i drove a total of 482 miles this weekend, unloaded both ways besides 2 adults and a child. the first leg had the Amp mud terrain. I recently lowered the PSI in these from 65 to 58, hoping for a less jarring and shaking ride. ill admit that the PSI made a huge difference on the ride down but still, loads of vibration with the 24x14 wheels. on the way back, i had the new setup of 22x12 with the Fury Rt, and man was this smooth like butter. even on the Minnesota and Iowa roads, these were much more quiet and no vibrations in my hand.

37 inch AMP Mud Terrain MT with 24x14 -81 offset TIS BM544
first off, these tires were on the vehicle when purchased, with the TIS 544 bm 24x14 and about 15k miles on them. right away, there was little to no grip in the wet and the truck almost floated into lanes sometimes when hitting bumps or uneven spots. the tires required 16 ounces on one of the wheels to balance, and it truly was still out of balance. this setup weighed in at 139 lbs with 58 PSI! these things were heavy and that's all unsprung weight. Secondly, any time i took a slow turn, i could feel these wide wheels and tires pulling me and very audible through the turn. overall, i would never in my life purchase this setup again for a daily driver, or even a show vehicle. 8 inches of lip and 4.8 inches of sidewall will make you have the permanent shakes. I was also illegal as my setup was 7 inches outside the flares and very noticeable!

37 inch Fury Country Hunter RT with 22x12 -44 offset Gear Forged wheels

I Could find very little info or videos on this newer tire from Fury. they are made in texas and a lot of people love the MT version from them. I wanted the Ridge Grapplers, but saved about 500 on this setup from Rimzone (i normally use custom offsets) as they had a great deal on gear forged and adding tires reduced the cost as well. Each mounted wheel and tire weighed 121 lbs, so i saved 18 lbs right away from each corner. each tire needed less than 4 ounces of weight to balance on the roadforce at the shop i used. It started to rain on my way back from iowa, and I immediately noticed the traction control not kicking in when i gunned it on purpose to see if i could break the back end loose like i could with the AMP tires. on the highway, after the drizzle stopped, i can honestly say these are as quiet as the Ridge Grapplers! this setup has 6.75 inches of sidewall and 6.25 inches of lip. they stick out about 4.75 inches past my flares.

In summary, the Fury Rt blew away my expectations and fears of picking the wrong/unknown tire. this isn't the most scientific of comparisons but it is real world and the scale was a certified scale at a scrapyard my brother works at. Not ******* the AMP tires at all, i know what mud tires are meant for, but having had Mickey Thompsons and Coopers, you get what you pay for. Lastly, the true difference was the rim size. for those of you can handle the wide life of 14s, more power to you. i personally like a little more sidewall and it absolutely improves the ride. hope y'View attachment 185316 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185317 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185317 View attachment 185316 View attachment 185317 all enjoyed!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That thing needs 38-40” tires with 8” lift. I like the wheels though!