confused about tow mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've found more of an impact on city mileage with no real impact on highway mileage. The city mileage is impacted because of it staying in lower gears longer. I don't think it is more than 0.5mpg difference though. It also depends on the speed limits. If you speed limits get you to the same gear it probably doesn't impact it as much as it would if TH holds you in a lower gear at the speed you need to run.

On the highway you are in high gear most of the time anyway so I don't see much impact. On the Highway I run 70 with 4.10 gears so I'm always in highest gear. If you run slower or with taller gears you may see a highway MPG impact do to it running a lower gear.
Been trying city driving experiment, where I engage T/H & E brake, then select to only use 1-4 gears and have seen an increase so far of 1/2 mpg in city mpg numbers on EVIC... I also need no difference in mpg numbers when using T/H on the Hwy at 70 MPH

Willie Mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 gas
The tow hall mode
Most is programmed let transmission
Trailer they.
Put in more aggressive program
Keep engine an transmission run
Bit faster to keep it cool,

It better tap on you dnow hill speed