Considering Changing up the interior of my R/T a little

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
I made a run to a few of my favorite salvage yards across the state yesterday and picked up some extra parts, In my 2015 R/T the upper tray above the radio, and below the temp controls (around the aux switches) are a "piano black" of sorts. The ring around my push start was gouged up, so I painted it Granite Crystal Metallic (my body color). After seeing that color inside the truck, I'm no longer a fan of the OE silver....So, on to what Im considering...

I'm thinking Id like to paint the OE silver dash/Console Pieces Body color (but I'm going to get the 2016 console insert first).

Considering disassembling the Rotary shifter and painting the surround "piano black" to match the factory parts, as well as the cubby/115v outlet.

Also got an extra piece of steering wheel trim, I'm torn between trying to wrap it, or painting it body color as well.

I'm also considering taking the HVAC/Radio Bezel (I have the 8.4) and wrapping it in black brushed metallic vinyl, along with the silver inserts in the doors (so I don't have to disassemble to paint them, but still ties them in).

Anyone done anything similar or have experience vinyl wrapping interior stuff? Thoughts, suggestions, and opinions Welcome.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Waiting on my mossy oak vinyl right now :) . Only way to know is to do it. There are plenty of instructional videos on vinyl wrap, and I believe quality is key. I would do vinyl first, if you like it, take it off and paint. It's much easier to change your mind on vinyl color than paint (return to factory). But I personally, after going through a new vehicle almost every 1-2 years.....I'm always considering my mods by how hard it would be to return to stock to sale or trade in. Im on my 3rd RAM and have bought a few parts 3xs now lol.