Painting Interior Trim Need Clear Coat Help???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So, I'm painting some of my interior trim while doing a DIY project for the 2500 4x4 fans. Specifically the trim around the radio and full center console swap I'm doing. What I need help with, is both the paints I'm using have metallic flecks in them. I'm trying to find a clear coat to use that won't make either piece shiny but also won't basically destroy the metallic flecks. I've already learned a matte destroys the metallic flecks. But is there some other type I should use? Again, I don't want these pieces shiny. I'm trying to go as OEM look as I can. Any help would be appreciated.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you want to see the metallic specks,you'll have to have some gloss in the clear.A 100% matt clear will mute any reflection of the specks
I don't know if you can buy clear in a spray can with different percentages of gloss
Make friends with a painter in a body shop and he/she will be able to clear your parts to the level of gloss you want by adjusting the amount of matting agent in the clearcoat

Hope this helps