Coolant bubble woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moto58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I did a complete coolant flush this previous weekend due to ATF finding its way into the cooling system from the heat exchange failure, which roasted my transmission. For the life of me I cannot get an air bubble to leave the cooling system. I have filled it the old fashion way, through the radiator and unbolted the purge bolt on the block. I have drained and filled it through the thermostat and while the purge bolt was unbolted. I have even ran the truck without the radiator cap on, hoping the bubble will find its way out, but I have had ZERO luck. While I did the flush I did replace the thermostat and radiator cap with Murray brand from O'Reillys. Not sure if this would cause my extreme fluctuation in coolant temperature. My truck will go all the way up to 205 degrees, which previously it always sat at 188-190 degrees, all the way down to 173 degrees! All help is appreciated!