Couple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
hey guys just a couple questions. Hoping someone has the answers and can help me out.

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 4.7L

Regarding my interior. It came with the basic instrument cluster and basic radio
Yesterday at the scrap yard I seen a 2009 ram1500 Laramie. It’s got the premium cluster and the big Navi radio screen.

My first question is would this cluster work in my truck? If so would I be able to get the kms programmed to match the current kms on my truck ?

Secondly would the radio work? Is there anything else I would have to pull off of the truck at the yard to ensure it would work on mine ?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
if you're talking about the touch screen MyGig yes it will work. I put one in my 2010 Sport that came with the basic radio and it was plug and play. as for the cluster, that I dunno but even if it does work I think it's illegal for anyone to change the KM's on it.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you search around, there is a guy that will reprogram the clusters for you.

OP
OP
CanadianNick

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
if you're talking about the touch screen MyGig yes it will work. I put one in my 2010 Sport that came with the basic radio and it was plug and play. as for the cluster, that I dunno but even if it does work I think it's illegal for anyone to change the KM's on it.
Awesome. Did the navigation also work?

OP
OP
CanadianNick

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Never mind. I assumed this also had Navi but I guess it doesn’t