Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D.Schantz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My cruise control on a 2000 Dodge Ram (5.2) will not come on. Is there a fuse, link or breaker that can be replaced? If there is I can't find it. Looking for ideas, or suggestions.

Thank you ahead of time.

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
On a 2000 I believe that is controlled by a vacuum line. On my 98 my cruise control doesn't work because my vacuum line broke off so I just plugged it with a tiny screw. Find the cruise control module and follow the vacuum line. On my truck it is right under the battery box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
have you first tested to see if there is power at the cruise control servo? with the cruise control on there should be power at 1 of the wires on the cruise control servo connector. i am not 100% sure but i think most of the time when cruise control stops working it is usually the servo is stuck or a broken vacuum line

OP
OP
D

D.Schantz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone. I'll check after church if it isn't raining. Right now it looks like it will be.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Just in case you haven't solved this issue (or for anyone else lurking) be sure to check your brake light switch too. In some cars it will keep the cruise from working as a failsafe. Not sure about these trucks, though.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
Just in case you haven't solved this issue (or for anyone else lurking) be sure to check your brake light switch too. In some cars it will keep the cruise from working as a failsafe. Not sure about these trucks, though.
and if you checked for power at the servo you would know whether or not the brake switch is the issue or not since the power travels through the brake switch first then to the servo.

safetyfast

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Laramie SLT 4x4 Club Cab
Engine
On a 2000 I believe that is controlled by a vacuum line. On my 98 my cruise control doesn't work because my vacuum line broke off so I just plugged it with a tiny screw. Find the cruise control module and follow the vacuum line. On my truck it is right under the battery box.

This. My line was really brittle and cracked. Replaced and cruise control works fine.

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check also if there's a recall on that...I read somewhere here but not sure the year model.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007