Cruise doesn't work on my 04 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowplowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on the interstate this weekend & was going to use the cruise control. Unfortunately it dosen't seem to work. I was able to get it to come on, for a few seconds, but it would kick back off before I could get the speed set. Is there any common problems that I should look for?

Flashback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Different size tire in the computer? Torque management will kick the cruise off if you go monkeying with the tire size.

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
My '03 Ram's cruise quit this summer while on the highway. Was cruising along then it just disengaged and I couldn't reset it, nothing worked. Got it put on a computer by a mechanic and he said it's my clock spring gone bad. I'll only know if that's the case when the new one comes in. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. Might want check yours, could be the culprit.

Flashback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not. If I leave the tire size alone cruise works fine. If I program in the correct tire size it doesn't. Running 35s and it's off about 4mph at 70.

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Yeah, I just had my clockspring changed, I still have no cruise and my airbag light is still on. Mechanic can't figure it out and claims it's not throwing any codes. He checked the wiring also and said everything was fine. So I'm getting a second opinion on it from another mechanic on Friday. Only thing I found out myself is that my truck is throwing a code P0594 when I used the truck's onboard diagnostics. The code comes back as a ( Speed Ctrl Servo Circuit/Open. Probably not relevant to your problem, but you can check for fault codes by cycling the key on/off, on/off, on. Then if you have an error code it'll display it where your odometer reading is. If there is a fault code it'll post it in the display followed by the word done when it's finished. And if there's no codes it'll just say done. Hope you find your issue. Keep us updated.